2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Actually like quite a few boundary-type CBs in this draft. I know people are saying its top-heavy, but I think there's a good bit of depth through day 2 at least. Will have to see how guys time/run of course. The EDGE/DE crop seems pretty dry, especially for what we're looking for now in a 4-3. If we go IDL, I'd like to see another big body like McKinley or Boyd in the mid-rounds. 

If we go IDL, I don't want another body, I want an impact one. We have enough bodies. Gimme Newton, Sweat, Jenkins, etc. 

I wonder if we couldn't use another body?  Got lucky last year that Clark and Slaton held up all season.  *IF* one of those two went down, we'd not be deep for big bodies.  

14 minutes ago, craig said:

I wonder if we couldn't use another body?  Got lucky last year that Clark and Slaton held up all season.  *IF* one of those two went down, we'd not be deep for big bodies.  

Big Bodied Ford has been on the PS for, I think, 2 seasons.  

17 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Big Bodied Ford has been on the PS for, I think, 2 seasons.  

And still can't anchor against the run...

If we are going with more 4-3 looks and we plan to move Kenny around, I could easily see the Packers add another NT/1-tech in the draft to supplement Slaton. 

Ford big body, yes.  Football player, beats me?  D+D team, so hopefully he's developed enough to be a good next-man-up contingency guy.  If he'd shown zero aptitude, they'd have dropped him before now.  But I have no idea whether he can be useful, that's for Gute and his guys to evaluate.  *IF* they don't scout him that favorably, getting somebody else could make sense.  If they're fine with Ford, I'm fine to entrust that evaluation to Gute's group.  

Ran my PFF mock of the day.....couldn't believe how this one fell.

1.25.  Jer'Zhan Newton, DL, Illinois.

2.41.  Jordan Morgan, OT/OL, Arizona.

2.57.  Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State

3.88.  Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami

3.91.  Jarrian Jones, CB, FSU

4.126.  Braelon Allen, RB, Wisconsin

• Like 1

Man, having 5 top-100 picks is really awesome.  Almost can't help but snag some winners.  Some of these mocks are more fun than others, of course.  But a shot to grab some nice players with every single one.  Gute's guys are better scouts than me, of course, so they'll know better, and he's got chance to move around for his targets.  But even if he just sits tight, there's going to be some more good talent coming in.  So fun.  

9 hours ago, packfanfb said:

DeJean is obviously a popular pick for us, especially at this point. If he blows up the combine, I'm guessing most post-combine mocks will have him going in the top 15-20. 

Curious if he's been cleared to fully participate.  Iowa was pretty hush on the clarification of what exactly his injury was ("lower leg") during the season.

8 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Curious if he's been cleared to fully participate.  Iowa was pretty hush on the clarification of what exactly his injury was ("lower leg") during the season.

Ferentz later said on his radio show that DeJean’s “foot was planted, and he twisted it in a way that something had to give.”

I read another tweet that said it was a broken foot. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Ran my PFF mock of the day.....couldn't believe how this one fell.

1.25.  Jer'Zhan Newton, DL, Illinois.

2.41.  Jordan Morgan, OT/OL, Arizona.

2.57.  Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State

3.88.  Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami

3.91.  Jarrian Jones, CB, FSU

4.126.  Braelon Allen, RB, Wisconsin

Man, I’m just not a Newton guy. Didn’t look the part agains a barely average UW offensive line.

Convince me I’m wrong. 

4 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Man, I’m just not a Newton guy. Didn’t look the part agains a barely average UW offensive line.

Convince me I’m wrong. 

Did you watch him wreck their **** the year before?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Did you watch him wreck their **** the year before?

I think UW’s OL was better this year than last. I’ll have to watch tape on him but that game this year didn’t show much. Maybe he was hurt and maybe we doubled him a lot.