2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I wouldn't say "blah" there's a lot of depth to the class, there's just not a Saquan/Bijan type star. 

Jonathon Ford, Treyveon Henderson, Trey Benson, Braelon Allen, Audric Estime, Bucky Irving, Juwhar Jordan, Marshawn Lloyd, Blake Corum, Will Shipley, Jace McCllelan could call end up with a grade somewhere between 50-100. Really depends on who declares and who stays. 

Well, since we seem to be collecting John Fords and Anthony Johnsons, I think we can narrow down that pick.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I can't remember if it was @CWood21 or @Packerraymond who was talking about the RB's be blah this year. None in the top 50. 

I'm not a fan of Drake Maye but think he's better than Shedeur Sanders. I also think Sanders goes back to school next year. 

I definitely mentioned it not being a good class.  I think Jonathan Brooks out of Texas is probably the best RB in the class, and I think he's a fringe top-64 pick.  TreVeon Henderson hasn't been healthy this year, and he hasn't been much of a receiving threat since his freshman year.  Those are probably the top 2 RBs right now.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

How ya'll aint talkin' 'bout Kool Aid McKinstry is beyond me.

He's a must get.

Every time I watched him so far, I've been unimpressed.  Maybe it's been bad timing, but it doesn't seem like the tape matched the hype.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

It's shame he's had a washed up Matt Ryan and Desmond Ridder throwing him the ball.

Pitts should be asking for a trade out of there.  He's been one of the most underutilized talents in football.  The Packers should be inquiring into his availability this offseason.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Every time I watched him so far, I've been unimpressed.  Maybe it's been bad timing, but it doesn't seem like the tape matched the hype.

I don't care.  I'm not even watching him at all.  I just want a guy with the name "Kool Aid".

I mean, he's a can't miss first ballot Hall of Famer already.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I also think Sanders goes back to school next year. 

The kid is driving a Maybach in college (lol) so he's not exactly hurting for money but Idont see him returning.  He's been taking an absolute beating this season.  UCLA rag-dolled him the entire game last wkd. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

The kid is driving a Maybach in college (lol) so he's not exactly hurting for money but Idont see him returning.  He's been taking an absolute beating this season.  UCLA rag-dolled him the entire game last wkd. 

If he goes to a bad NFL team, he'll take a beating again. Also, Deion is going to be in that portal, and they will be flocking to play for him. His talent influx is going to be ridiculous. I think he wants his son to be a par to that next year. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

If he goes to a bad NFL team, he'll take a beating again. Also, Deion is going to be in that portal, and they will be flocking to play for him. His talent influx is going to be ridiculous. I think he wants his son to be a par to that next year. 

Deion didn’t stay all 4 years and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he advises Shedeur to declare early.  There’s no guarantee they can fix the OL in one recruiting class.  So if you’re going to be running for your life from defenders, might as well get paid for it for real on a 1st rd contract. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Deion didn’t stay all 4 years and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he advises Shedeur to declare early.  There’s no guarantee they can fix the OL in one recruiting class.  So if you’re going to be running for your life from defenders, might as well get paid for it for real on a 1st rd contract. 

Deion grew up dirt poor and wanted to take care of his mother. That's why he left early. Shedeur is hardly in the same situation. 

He may leave, but staying another year and playing on the team Deion will assemble, could improve his draft stock significantly. 

What is he considered right now, mid-to late 1st round? That cash pales in comparison to top 5 money.

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Deion grew up dirt poor and wanted to take care of his mother. That's why he left early. Shedeur is hardly in the same situation. 

He may leave, but staying another year and playing on the team Deion will assemble, could improve his draft stock significantly. 

What is he considered right now, mid-to late 1st round? That cash pales in comparison to top 5 money.

So it’s not about the money but then it is about the money?  Mid to late isn’t a bad thing either as it means he would go to a better team.  And declaring early isn’t always about the money.  Slim to zero chance he returns. 

54 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

So it’s not about the money but then it is about the money?  Mid to late isn’t a bad thing either as it means he would go to a better team.  And declaring early isn’t always about the money.  Slim to zero chance he returns. 

NIL has changed the landscape.  These guys can make good money staying.  Caleb Williams has already said he will wait if the wrong team is in the position to draft him.  Sanders could decide the same thing.

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I definitely mentioned it not being a good class.  I think Jonathan Brooks out of Texas is probably the best RB in the class, and I think he's a fringe top-64 pick.  TreVeon Henderson hasn't been healthy this year, and he hasn't been much of a receiving threat since his freshman year.  Those are probably the top 2 RBs right now.

Just sit back and take Jaylen Wright or Bucky Irving in the 4th round.

6 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

NIL has changed the landscape.  These guys can make good money staying.  Caleb Williams has already said he will wait if the wrong team is in the position to draft him.  Sanders could decide the same thing.

When was the last time a clear #1 prospect returned to college for his senior year because he didn't want to play for the team picking #1?  Remember when Andrew Luck was going to return to college?  Or Trevor Lawrence?  I'm pretty sure even Myles Garrett had some rumblings about returning to A&M during the process.  They rarely ever return to college.