2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

I could see taking Bowers, that is, if you're only a couple pieces away from legit contending and you already had a proven QB and your trenches on both sides sufficiently fortified. That ain't the Packers at this point. Assuming the Packers are in a rebuild stage, I suppose the debate centers around what you prioritize getting in place first in a rebuild. I guess I start with the trenches (Oline & Dline). One of the last pieces can be QB (especially given the cap advantage of having a QB on their cheaper first contract).  This is why I don't fret over Love too much. Either he proves sufficient by the end of next season as the supporting cast is built up and develops, or he does not, they continue with another sub-.500 season, and you draft another QB high round one in 2026 draft with a better supporting cast already in place at that point and a QB on his cheaper, cap-friendlier first contract. Of course, my whole argument is based on the assumption that Gutekunst hits for a high % in the next couple drafts, something which I honestly am not overly-confident about, though hoping for the best.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952cilqlmjmf6dutdwvbbw

I might be in the minority in this one, but I don't think any of the WRs have separated themselves as WR2.  I think you could make a legitimate argument for Malik Nabers, Keon Coleman, Emeka Egbuka, or Rome Odunze.  Right now, those are the only guys aside from Marvin Harrison Jr. that I have first round grades on.  And I think you could make an argument for any of them.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I might be in the minority in this one, but I don't think any of the WRs have separated themselves as WR2.  I think you could make a legitimate argument for Malik Nabers, Keon Coleman, Emeka Egbuka, or Rome Odunze.  Right now, those are the only guys aside from Marvin Harrison Jr. that I have first round grades on.  And I think you could make an argument for any of them.

It's Odunze. Don't think too hard about this one.

Jayden Daniels will be a 23-year-old rookie. Probably the only thing keeping him from being much higher ranked by these websites. I wonder where scouts have him ranked and how far down, they move him because of his age. Caleb Williams is 22 (we share a birthday, but I had it first LOL), Drake Maye is 21. 

If there were any way Daniels falls to the second round where we have our 1-SRP, I'm taking him. I don't see him getting there though. I got a feeling he's going to be a Viking. 

15 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Malik Nabers is clear WR2 to me, Odunze is clear WR3.

Then the cluster starts. It's MJH, tier drop, Nabers, tier drop, Odunze, tier drop. Then Coleman, Egbuka, Franklin, Legette are all in a tier.

I'll lump my response in with you and @beekay414.  I'm looking at that second tier WR class, and they seem more a matter of preference.  Coleman eats up anything in his area.  I'm not sure I saw a ball that was thrown in his vicinity and he didn't come down with.  Easily the best WR range I saw and an absolute vacuum of hands.  But he doesn't create a ton of separation and his technique isn't quite there.  I view him as a more athletic version of Drake London.  I'm not sure I see Brandon Aiyuk in Malik Nabers, but the guy is a high caliber WR.  I don't think there's a route or a position that he can't play at a high level, but his physical tools aren't any drool worthy.  I'm just not sure there's a ton of upside here.  I think he's most likely a high-end #2/fringe #1, but I don't think he's ever going to be an elite #1.  Rome Odunze looks the part and is taking it to another level this year.  Although, he's playing with quite a few players who are going to play in the NFL next year.  I don't think he always plays up to his physical gifts.  Emeka Egbuka seems like Chris Olave with better physical tools.  I'm not sure there's a ton of upside there, but the guy is going to be playing 10+ years at a high level.