2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Interesting, they switched Lazard and Davenport. Davenport has the larger APY and was originally a 4th comp, but I believe snap counts also factor into the equation and Davenport has been on IR for a while with the ankle injury. That must have triggered the swap. Hopefully the Jets get Lazard back into the lineup lol. 

I also believe the fact that they signed 3 qualifying FA's while we signed none comes into play. 

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Interesting. The reason I ask is - first - I dont know the system - but second - if it's production...well, Lazard hasnt exactly set the world on fire this year and was actually a healthy scratch last week - so the thought came to me that the NYJs might be trying to reduce the compensation?

If the comp pick value is increased because Lazard is productive, it doesn't cost the Jets anything. Why would the Jets care whether the pick the Packers get is a 4th or a 5th? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

I mentioned it in my other comment....but could the Jets decrease the compensation if they continue to reduce Lazard's snaps? He was a healthy scratch last week.

Ravioli ravioli give me the formuloli

No one knows what effect that would have exactly, but it wouldn’t benefit the Jets. It could theoretically bump us from a 4th to a 5th but it’s better than a 90% chance we’re talking a 4th because the contract seems to be about 90% of the formula.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

If the comp pick value is increased because Lazard is productive, it doesn't cost the Jets anything. Why would the Jets care whether the pick the Packers get is a 4th or a 5th? 

Because they're vindictive bastards! :)

13 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

THE JETS HAVE ALL THE LEVERAGE!!!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Could easily see Braelon Allen as a 2nd rounder. I don't see anything AJ Dillon does that Allen didn't do better. 

*I would not have taken Dillon in Round 2. 

You want to expound on that? You've seen a bunch of this guy...and this is the first I've put an image to the name some here have mentioned. What's his skill set? You project him as a #1 or 2 RB at the NLF level? As a second rounder....he's got some good qualities....

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

You want to expound on that? You've seen a bunch of this guy...and this is the first I've put an image to the name some here have mentioned. What's his skill set? You project him as a #1 or 2 RB at the NLF level? As a second rounder....he's got some good qualities....

Big, fast, powerful, outstanding locker room and workout guy, super young. Better footwork, vision, and patience then given credit for. Doesn't fight the football when he catches it, will be a willing and capable blocker. 

Not a top of the line long speed guy, but does everything else at a very high level. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Could easily see Braelon Allen as a 2nd rounder. I don't see anything AJ Dillon does that Allen didn't do better. 

*I would not have taken Dillon in Round 2. 

I legitimately thought I was the biggest dillon guy... Gute out Dillon'd me.