2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Why trade for a player that is a FA?

Gotta outsmart those good GM's you don't ya know. He's injured always and wants bank no way i trade for him. draft a couple backs one earlier top 3 rounds and one late 6 th or later and bring in a couple FA guys. Lots of diamonds out there played at small schools or in bad offenses. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

Give me a couple OL and a couple DBs early. Will always be fine with a DL whenever and would like a mid round RB as well as ILB. 

With what our secondary has done the past few weeks with basically all subs, not sure I'm as high on going that route. Going to get Stokes and Alexander back with Valentine and Ballentine that 4 CBs. Not sure what happens with Nixon but being in a better position cap wise might bring him back. 

I want a slot and a free safety. Love to land Cooper DeJean (most of the boards favorite) and maybe Calen Bullock from USC. 

Then give me one more pass rusher. Love a speed rusher on the EDGE. 

On 12/1/2023 at 5:05 PM, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Newman can have that role on his rookie contract. Draft an additional guy to develop in April and eventually replace Newman. No need to keep JRJ around. 

I was doing a little digging on this. Newman's contract is for $1M right now, but his salary "balloons" to $3m next year due to him earning a "Proven Performance Escalator" since he played 35% of offensive snaps over his first 3 seasons. In my mind he's an easy cut for that reason. It would be far easier to cut him, draft a replacement, and use the $2m savings toward the salary cap debts we have.

https://overthecap.com/proven-performance-escalator

• Like 2

Rumor has it Marvin Harrison Jr. is considering going back to Ohio State. The other rumor is Ohio State is trying to come up with 25 million in NIL money for him to come back.

Apparently, he really wants to beat Michigan before he checks out of Ohio State. 

17 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Rumor has it Marvin Harrison Jr. is considering going back to Ohio State. The other rumor is Ohio State is trying to come up with 25 million in NIL money for him to come back.

Apparently, he really wants to beat Michigan before he checks out of Ohio State. 

I'll believe it when I see it.

Just now, NFLGURU said:

I doubt it will happen.  Harrison would lose a prime year of earnings down the road.  Their QB McCord just entered the portal, pretty risky going back for a new guy even though he's got to be better than McCord.

I'm pretty ignorant to NIL details, but how much of that 25 million is MJH going to see, and is a rookie contract possible that can match it?