The 2024 Draft. Tonight's the night...

vike daddy

7 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

i think Vikings are sticking in their slots of #11/#23, after QBs go 1-2-3 to CHI-WAS-NE

certainly a viable scenario, that can't be counted out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

from my final daze haze...

Caleb goes #1, yawn...
i think Washington and New England stick with their picks at 2 and 3....
QB's go 1-2-3...

the NYG's try to make a move for AZ's #4 at the same time Kwesi is on the phone with them...
either AZ decides that no one is offering enough to trade or just wants to stay put at 4, and drafts their favorite receiver...
or... AZ does trade with us, and then moves up themselves from 11...

Kwesi cooks a deal with the LA Chargers at 5, and we take QB4...
presumably that's McCarthy or Maye, and probably McCarthy...
but if Maye is available at 5, expect Kwesi to offer whatever it takes to get him...

i don't see Denver as a trade up threat as they just don't have the firepower to get to 2-5, and the Raiders' GM doesn't have a history of trading up, i have read.

the team to outbox is the Giants. but i think what we would offer would be more tantalizing to trade partners then what the G-Men can.

@Acgott... your views?

If Maye is available at 4, the Cardinals would rather trade the Giants. They already have the most value for their picks and currently have only one open slot for UDFA. There is a still a good chance they get Harrison, and if not Nabers is an excellent consolation prize. They want premium players over more picks.

If Cardinals refuse to trade, the Chargers will want to trade with the Vikings. They have 23 open spots for UDFA and picking up the 2 first from the Vikings and change will be more helpful than just picking up a 2nd and change from the Giants.

Though personally I believe Maye will be gone at 3 leaving the Vikings to trade up for their QB at 5.

If Maye is gone, I hope the Vikings trade up with the Cardinals.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Acgott said:

If Maye is available at 4, the Cardinals would rather trade the Giants.

and if it's McCarthy the one available at 4, with Maye off the board already?

what would the Giants want?

With almost everything said one eve before the draft: Time for your bold predictions!

Here is my QB-Edition:

Caleb Williams will have more than 30 turnovers in his rookie season.

Bo Nix will win a Superbowl.... as a backup QB

Penix will have the most Jersey Sales of all the rookie QBs

Jayden Daniels will have fewer than 400 rushing yards in his rookie season.

Drake Maye will not be a Minnesota Viking.

JJ McCarthy will have a very boring, average career.

6 hours ago, GermanVike said:

Penix will have the most Jersey Sales of all the rookie QBs

oh, i think the citizens of Chicago are ready to spend some bucks on Williams jerseys...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Things get pretty wacky if Daniels doesn't go #2. 

Not likely. QBs are expected to go 1, 2, and 3. 

If Washington takes a different QB at 2, I would still expect to see Daniels go at 3. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Vehemently disagree with this statement.  Teams that don't have a franchise QB should be taking chances on guys that they think can be franchise QBs every single year IMO.

How high a team should draft a QB depends on what they feel the probability is that a player may become a franchise QB.

I'm pretty sure that Semper's opinion was only for those in the first round or 2. True "franchise" guys are few and far between, but there are still enough good starters to get by. Those teams that have good starters should continuously draft guys in the mid-rounds or later that potentially could be franchise guys. In 2012, the Seahawks signed Matt Flynn fully thinking he could be the guy, but they went ahead and drafted Russ...obviously, that paid off. In 2016, the Cowboys had Tony Romo, but took Dak in the 4th round (apparently after actually trying to trade up for Paxton Lynch)...Romo ended up suffering a fracture in preseason and then Dak never looked back. Those successes are rare, but at the very least, if you don't have a Mahomes, you should always be looking for one that could potentially become one. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

oh, i think the citizens of Chicago are ready to spend some bucks on Williams jerseys...

I wonder what they all did with their Justin Fields jerseys, which was the best selling jersey in Illinois, Indiana and yes, Wisconsin, in 2022 and the best-selling rookie jersey in 2021. 

11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Hayden Winks@HaydenWinks

I don't view the Giants as a JJ McCarthy team.

Dane Brugler@dpbrugler

Put me in this camp too. Based on what I've heard.

I just can't see them drafting a QB with the money they have tied up in Jones. All this smoke about them liking JJ is to get the Vikings to trade up ahead of them to help make one of the WRs fall. If the Giants do trade up themselves, it's going to be for a WR. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, vike daddy said:

from my final daze haze...

Caleb goes #1, yawn...
i think Washington and New England stick with their picks at 2 and 3....
QB's go 1-2-3...

the NYG's try to make a move for AZ's #4 at the same time Kwesi is on the phone with them...
either AZ decides that no one is offering enough to trade or just wants to stay put at 4, and drafts their favorite receiver...
or... AZ does trade with us, and then moves up themselves from 11...

Kwesi cooks a deal with the LA Chargers at 5, and we take QB4...
presumably that's McCarthy or Maye, and probably McCarthy...
but if Maye is available at 5, expect Kwesi to offer whatever it takes to get him...

i don't see Denver as a trade up threat as they just don't have the firepower to get to 2-5, and the Raiders' GM doesn't have a history of trading up, i have read.

the team to outbox is the Giants. but i think what we would offer would be more tantalizing to trade partners then what the G-Men can.

@Acgott... your views?

With draft picks, but there are also players that can be included in a trade.  Patrick Surtain II for example.