Jets sign former 2nd Round Pick Randall Cobb

VonKarman

People are over thinking it. How better to teach not only the system,  the routes, how Aaron likes you to come out of your breaks,  subtle hand and head gestures to change a play call, make an adjustment then to bring in two "WR" that can teach on the field and in the WR room. 

Got no problem with either signing. Both should make Wilson and the rest of the WR corps better and get them on the same page with Rodgers quicker in the end.

Cobbs an extra WR coach basically.  🍺.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

Uh, had that team actually had a defense, they're in the SB - which is the whole point of him joining the Jets. We have an offense AND a defense.

Too bad you don't have a hungry Rodgers.  

And no, the point was weaponz.  You don't have near the weaponz that Rodgers has had in the past.  He couldn't get to a Super Bowl with Prime Jordy, Prime Cobb and young 'Tae.

And he's doing it to you guys, now too.  Here is my list of guys I want on the team.  OBJ turned you down.  You signed Lazard.  Remember, we had him when his production on the contract was great.  Now you signed Cobb.  He couldn't even recruit Calais Campbell.  Let's see what happens with Lewis at TE.

All while saying, with a straight face thinking it is good, that he will be at HALF of your OTA's.

You are letting him play GM when he is about half invested in your success.  

12 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Tom Brady appeared in three SBs and won two after turning 40. Age is just a number.

No, it isn't.  You know this, I know this, everyone knows this.  Brady was the outlier.  He took less to get more talent around him so that he could win more.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Jets have an incredibly deep receiving corp, wow.

AiDdC2h.png
and now Cobb... if Garrett Wilson continues to develop into a true #1 receiver this season, Rodgers will have no shortage of weapons.

AFC East is going to be a fun division.

^^Malik Taylor, also former Packer.

38 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Tom Brady appeared in three SBs and won two after turning 40. Age is just a number.

I mean, I don't necessarily think Rodgers is doomed as a Jet or anything but trying to compare anyone to Tom Brady when he is so clearly a massive exception to just about every rule is just not a good argument to make. Aaron Rodgers isn't Tom "Father Time" Brady, and his decline in GB last season is unlike anything seen in Brady's career.

Aaron's age should definitely be looked at as a potential concern.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean, I don't necessarily think Rodgers is doomed as a Jet or anything but trying to compare anyone to Tom Brady when he is so clearly a massive exception to just about every rule is just not a good argument to make. Aaron Rodgers isn't Tom "Father Time" Brady, and his decline in GB last season is unlike anything seen in Brady's career.

Aaron's age should definitely be looked at as a potential concern.

These guys barely get hit anymore. Marino and Elway could have easily played into their 40s in this era, no doubt in my mind.

19 minutes ago, StatKing said:

These guys barely get hit anymore. Marino and Elway could have easily played into their 40s in this era, no doubt in my mind.

Getting hit isn't the only reason players decline, and even if QB hits are down, the seasons are now over 20% longer than they were in their era.

Peyton Manning, who of course is another HoF QB from Brady's era, declined sharply at age 39 in his final season before retiring. Again, Brady is the unreasonably ridiculous exception to the rule, not the model for how long other QBs can sustain their careers. I'm not saying that Rodgers can't necessarily have another great season or even two, but it should obviously be a concern for any Jets fan being honest with themselves - age is absolutely not "just a number".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

No, it isn't.  You know this, I know this, everyone knows this.  Brady was the outlier.  He took less to get more talent around him so that he could win more.

Brady won more because he has the greatest intangibles in the history of the sport and his ability to stay calm under pressure was unparalleled.

9 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Getting hit isn't the only reason players decline, and even if QB hits are down, the seasons are now over 20% longer than they were in their era.

Peyton Manning, who of course is another HoF QB from Brady's era, declined sharply at age 39 in his final season before retiring. Again, Brady is the unreasonably ridiculous exception to the rule, not the model for how long other QBs can sustain their careers.

Peyton Manning broke his neck, the situations arent even remotely comparable.

Getting hit is a large reason these great QBs retire when they do. The days of QBs getting driven into the ground by a 300 pound DT every other play is long gone. Guys like Marino and Rodgers are just physical freaks, they don't forget how to throw the ball the moment they hit their 40s.

8 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Peyton Manning, who of course is another HoF QB from Brady's era, declined sharply at age 39 in his final season before retiring. Again, Brady is the unreasonably ridiculous exception to the rule, not the model for how long other QBs can sustain their careers. I'm not saying that Rodgers can't necessarily have another great season or two, but it should obviously be a concern for any Jets fan being honest with themselves.

Manning's decline didn't come out of nowhere. The dude had neck surgery. It was obvious he lost the physical tools but he still managed to go to two SBs and win one with zero arm strength.

AR might be aging but he is still physically fine. And like PM, his experience likely matters more at this point to a team trying to win the SB than his physical tools. Also like PM, expecting him to carry a team to an SB win is probably out of the question, but that's why he went to a team with a budding offense and top defense.