Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 talk

TecmoSuperJoe

Saw it.  Loved it.  Might be the best Marvel movie.  If it isn't, it gives a run at the other great ones.

I'd put it that high because the film did not take the easy way out on any of the characters.

SPOILERS......

They could have put Peter and Gamora back together.  Instead they separated them in a nice way.  Now Peter has to move on.

Rocket.  Whole movie and maybe all of his movies were about him becoming the captain of the Guardians.  And the back story really, really worked.

Lila.  What a great character!

Mantis...lots of touching moments with her.

Nebula.  Just a great character arc from her.  From where she was when introduced to where she ended up?  It was all great.  Just an outstanding job of writing for her and her acting.  Loved her ending.

Drax.  He was utilized perfectly.

Loved the dog.  I mean, that was just so fun.  Bad dog.  :)

It had so many heart touching moments.  I thought the villain could have been even more developed, but it worked.  He was a great character too, just wish there was more of him.

And unlike other projects, the humor in this one was perfect.  No forced and not too much of it.  

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Something I forgot to mention, what happened to Star Lord’s helmet? He used it to survive space in a previous movie and it was nonexistent here. I remember he had it in Endgame. Did I just forget him losing it elsewhere?

Stumbled off Knowwhere in a drunk stupor when they left is probably the story line excuse.

On 5/6/2023 at 10:35 PM, THE DUKE said:

Best of the series, probably top 5 MCU movie for me, going to chew on it a little before I rank it. Loved it from start to finish.

Its a great movie, its Way up on the MCU list, but I think this feeling will wain just a bit from most proclaiming it to be this high right now. Much like the immediate reactions to Wakanda Forever, this movie pulled at the heart strings, which make you feel stronger about immediately after.

The things that make the best MCU films are the rewatchability of them. I can always go back to watch Guardians 1, Winter Soldier, Iron Man no matter when and where. Will Vol. 3 live up to that? Only time will tell.

I will say it seems like Guardians is easily the best Set of Films in the MCU (probably no coincidence that they left it with one Director, and largely left Gunn alone to do his thing)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Finally watched this. Easily a top 10 Marvel movie and pushing for top 5. Perfect sendoff for the original bunch, with a lot of emotion throughout the entire movie. 

The one single thing I hate was Groot saying "I love you guys". Think they could've done without that. 

29 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Why?

Is the implication that he could say more words this entire time? Or that he specifically learned that phrase for that moment? It just came off as cheesy and forced to me. Also takes away from the "We are Groot" at the end of vol 1. 

Just now, JonStark said:

Is the implication that he could say more words this entire time? Or that he specifically learned that phrase for that moment? It just came off as cheesy and forced to me. Also takes away from the "We are Groot" at the end of vol 1. 

The implication was that the audience can understand Groot now.

• Like 5