Falcons HC Arthur Smith told OT Peter Skoronski that he found him boring.

Mr.UFO

When Northwestern OT Peter Skoronski (later drafted by Tennessee) was interviewed at the Combine by Falcons head coach Arthur Smith, Skoronski revealed that Smith told him "You're really boring me right now. Your answers are so boring" and kept looking at his computer.

That's an unusual reason for passing on a prospect. What someone should tell Arthur Smith is that he bored the entire Falcons fan base by going 7-10 last season.

• Like 1

Atlanta Falcons are a boring team. Didn't even go all in after Lamar Jackson like I said they should. Wasted all that effort on a scumbag predator the year before. Only notable thing they will have done that their owner lives to see is the greatest choke in sports history.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

Atlanta Falcons are a boring team. Didn't even go all in after Lamar Jackson like I said they should. Wasted all that effort on a scumbag predator the year before. Only notable thing they will have done that their owner lives to see is the greatest choke in sports history.

It's a good thing we didn't do what you said it was a really dumb idea and thing to do.  Falcons spending all that money on Lamar would have been ignorant when you have absolutely no money nor descent players to put around him to help him succeed.   

Edited by FalconFan13
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Hey, to be fair to the Falcons, I don’t like them. At all. 

6 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

When Northwestern OT Peter Skoronski (later drafted by Tennessee) was interviewed at the Combine by Falcons head coach Arthur Smith, Skoronski revealed that Smith told him "You're really boring me right now. Your answers are so boring" and kept looking at his computer.

That's an unusual reason for passing on a prospect. What someone should tell Arthur Smith is that he bored the entire Falcons fan base by going 7-10 last season.

While it’s a pretty ridiculous act by Smith. There is no proof this is the reason they passed on him. Bijan simply could be higher on their board. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

Let's give it some context from the actual article, shall we? They also didn't pass on him because of an interview, they took Bijan because they liked Bijan better. Arthur Smith did better based on that roster last season than the fan base here expected btw. We were expecting 2-4 wins. He got 7.

A few of the interviews were memorable. He enjoyed time with Steelers coach Mike Tomlin and seemed to connect with Titans coach Mike Vrabel. “I liked his energy,” Skoronski says.

The conversation was a little less comfortable with the Falcons — undoubtedly by design. Skoronski had been told that some interviewers are purposely abrasive in an attempt to see how prospects react. He was prepared.

“The head coach was on me the second I got in there,” Skoronski says of Arthur Smith. “I was giving them generic answers to their questions, and he said, ‘You’re really boring me right now. Your answers are so boring.’ The whole meeting, he kept looking at his computer. I was kind of laughing to myself and said, ‘Sorry, I don’t know what you want me to do. I’m answering you honestly.’”

Maybe if he wasn't giving them generic answers to the questions being asked, Arthur Smith wouldn't have been bored. This is essentially a non-story.

6 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

They only did that because of Blank and Blank's personal relationship with Watson. Jackson was never available in the first place, btw. He was always sticking in Baltimore. Had they extended an offer sheet, they would have locked up cap only for Baltimore to match the deal. So stop with this nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

While it’s a pretty ridiculous act by Smith. There is no proof this is the reason they passed on him. Bijan simply could be higher on their board. 

Bijan was the 2nd highest player rated on their board. Apparently the first was Will Anderson.

• Like 3

NFL people always get so weird with the rookie interviews.

Imagine going on a job interview and getting disrespected or getting asked borderline illegal questions because they want to “see if you could handle it”, lol.

1 minute ago, Soko said:

Imagine going on a job interview and getting disrespected or getting asked borderline illegal questions because they want to “see if you could handle it”, lol.

They've done this for decades too. It's not anything new.

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

So possibly some proof in the other direction 

They loved Will Anderson. They were looking into trading up to 3 for Will Anderson. However, the cost was way too high, so they backed off the trade and just took Bijan, who they absolutely love.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scar988 said:

They've done this for decades too. It's not anything new.

I’m glad rooks speak up on it, highlights how dumb it is. 

Does anyone think Pete Carroll or Mike Vrabel or any of the other “player’s coaches” do this crap? The players always look so hyped to meet with Pete, lol.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Soko said:

Bro that's typical job interviews for most entry level positions lmao, they wanna see if they can abuse you. Don't even get me started on the child labor stuff.

Same with the NFL they wanna know how compliant you'll be.

• Like 3