Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

He definitely is serviceable and could be a lot worse

Yep. I mean, yes there was a huge drop off from Hudson early on, but Hudson was one of the absolute best in the league when he was here.

James is probably a bit expensive, but he's not awful. Miller-Parham-James is our core OL with the RG and RT spots being the question marks, imo. If you get those taken care of and James is the "weak link", you're doing pretty good. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Makes sense to have someone with experience in the scheme to have it 

Wouldn't call Deablo experienced in it though. 

He missed most of the year and wasn't exactly impressive when he did play. 

Seems more like he's just one of the only guys around from last year since we purged the players instead of the root of the issue. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Wouldn't call Deablo experienced in it though. 

He missed most of the year and wasn't exactly impressive when he did play. 

Seems more like he's just one of the only guys around from last year since we purged the players instead of the root of the issue. 

I think he still led us in tackles until maybe last 2 weeks of season that’s sad lol but buddy was a tackling machine excited to see him really transition to lb. Happy that he was working with the other vatech lb trey from Buffalo over the summer 

Wearing the greens dot is a massive responsibility. It’s not just calling out the play it’s making sure players are lined up correctly. That’s my biggest issue. Deablo was out of place a lot of times so a lot of improvements needed on his part. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 1:05 AM, agarcia34 said:

Wearing the greens dot is a massive responsibility. It’s not just calling out the play it’s making sure players are lined up correctly. That’s my biggest issue. Deablo was out of place a lot of times so a lot of improvements needed on his part. 

Kind of makes me want Duron Harmon to come back.  
whoever wears the green dot needs to play 90+% of the snaps per game… so we need someone who has experience and plays a lot.  That’s rare in this defense.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 8:18 PM, jimkelly02 said:

Kind of makes me want Duron Harmon to come back.  
whoever wears the green dot needs to play 90+% of the snaps per game… so we need someone who has experience and plays a lot.  That’s rare in this defense.

no idea  why one of the bright spots of defense and seemingly leader on defense isn't back. best safety we had last year and prob last few years. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

no idea  why one of the bright spots of defense and seemingly leader on defense isn't back. best safety we had last year and prob last few years. 

Especially with all the new guys at CB too, you would think that having his experience back there would help Epps too. Maybe he’s coming back late as he wants to miss the hard summer days training, hope so anyway.

On 6/14/2023 at 7:03 PM, Darbsk said:

Especially with all the new guys at CB too, you would think that having his experience back there would help Epps too. Maybe he’s coming back late as he wants to miss the hard summer days training, hope so anyway.

Harmon seemingly has no market, so we don't need to hurry.

He is a seasoned veteran, who knows the scheme in and out and I guess he can use the time before the season to be with family and all. I guess he isn't in a hurry either.

The young DBs need all the rep they can get, so overall I think Harmon could still end up being with us, if the young guys are not looking strong enough in TC...

Ideally you wanna get better and younger, so the possible Epps-Moehrig pair is the desired direction. I think Harmon could get back into the picture, if that duo is not looking good enough in TC...

• Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 10:07 AM, raidr4life said:

Welp the OL will be fine people screaming they suck have nothing better to do.

Many outlets had the Raiders OL much improved the last 10 games of the season  Bricillo is a good coach. Nobody has a problem with Miller, Parham looks like he will be a stud, James isn't bad just over paid. Bars was trash but will be upgraded addition by subtraction, and Eluemunor  graded out above average and is currently ranked 32 OT in the league all he needs to do is cut down the penalties. Then the continuity and gelling part is important.

No matter how you slice it this is a below average unit.  Are they the worst in football, no but they are also not good.  Combine a below average Oline with a glass QB and we will see what the product on the field looks like in a few months.  My guess is that this combo will not be good. 

Miller is average to slightly above average, Parham is unproven, James is below average and overpaid, Bars is a bum and JE is a career journeyman who tested the FA market then signed a 3M contract which is a clear indicator of his below average play.  

55 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

No matter how you slice it this is a below average unit.  Are they the worst in football, no but they are also not good.  Combine a below average Oline with a glass QB and we will see what the product on the field looks like in a few months.  My guess is that this combo will not be good. 

Miller is average to slightly above average, Parham is unproven, James is below average and overpaid, Bars is a bum and JE is a career journeyman who tested the FA market then signed a 3M contract which is a clear indicator of his below average play.  

Meh I agree somewhat 

kolt is above average 

parham arguably 2nd best olineman sad cause he’s the youngest 

james average 

bars garbage but I’m hoping muti can replace him but muti is slightly average 

je is average 

only way an average line can be good is with chemistry. the continuity will help except jimmy needs to hurry up. Bro hasn’t prolly even taken a snap from James. They need to learn how jimmy drops back how he likes to work the pocket etc etc so many details and nuances besides the playbook that we’ll be playing catch up with.

i remember the adjustment period carr had to go through last year with a dam near brand new oline and he was there since day 1. Literally everyone is ready to go and jimmy still getting dressed. That’s embarrassing 

Is jimmy the only injured “starting” qb in the nfl?

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Looks to see if Frankie has anything positive to say. Nope!

Abe Simpson GIFs | Tenor

Edited by raidr4life

On 6/16/2023 at 1:34 AM, Rolni said:

Harmon seemingly has no market, so we don't need to hurry.

He is a seasoned veteran, who knows the scheme in and out and I guess he can use the time before the season to be with family and all. I guess he isn't in a hurry either.

The young DBs need all the rep they can get, so overall I think Harmon could still end up being with us, if the young guys are not looking strong enough in TC...

Ideally you wanna get better and younger, so the possible Epps-Moehrig pair is the desired direction. I think Harmon could get back into the picture, if that duo is not looking good enough in TC...

I wouldn’t doubt guys like Harmon don’t sign until mid training camp.