Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Not going to get high or low off joint practiced. Remember last year against New England, there was a lot of hype. Didn't amount to much past that.

I'm not warming up the bbq yet but I may need to look at what bbq sauce is tasty with crow. lol  

• Like 1

Seems to be a level of pride from the guys on defense. No games have been played obviously, but it’s something that I felt that was missing from priors years players on defense. At the end of the day still have to show out when the games start, but I like the mindset and what they’re saying and feel like we will see a much improved group of guys out there on defense 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This is what I want to hear. Doesn’t mean we’ll be able to replicate it consistently in a match situation and have to keep perspective but it’s pleasing to hear some of the young guys getting mentions at least. 

9 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Thanks for posting these, very informative!

Im not really sure how to take the guy presenting as his style seems a little strange and not sure how reliable he actually is. 

Sounds like the team is pulling together and fighting for one another, a sign of good coaching. It’s pleasing to hear the defence step up against a good opposition team as it can be a bit misleading in team practice. 

I’ve been harsh on Jimmy Garoppolo but I’d be absolutely delighted if he fits in as is being hoped for and the offence can really gel. I think it’s a great sign that Hoyer is playing well in the system as we know he’s not a starting NFL QB but if he can pull the levers and get the offence working then that shows the scheme is working for the players we have and they’re buying in. 

Absolutely love hearing young Silvera and Byron Young flashing against the 49ers line, we absolutely need one or two guys to step up there. That could make a world of difference. 

Overall, going to temper expectations a little but it’s so much better to hear positive takes coming out of camp and it seems like a United team behind the coaches.

What is your take on Hondo Carpenter Raidr, is he generally reliable or is he prone to exaggeration and hit takes? I haven’t listen to a lot of his stuff honestly.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Im not really sure how to take the guy presenting as his style seems a little strange and not sure how reliable he actually is. 

Sounds like the team is pulling together and fighting for one another, a sign of good coaching. It’s pleasing to hear the defence step up against a good opposition team as it can be a bit misleading in team practice. 

I’ve been harsh on Jimmy Garoppolo but I’d be absolutely delighted if he fits in as is being hoped for and the offence can really gel. I think it’s a great sign that Hoyer is playing well in the system as we know he’s not a starting NFL QB but if he can pull the levers and get the offence working then that shows the scheme is working for the players we have and they’re buying in. 

Absolutely love hearing young Silvera and Byron Young flashing against the 49ers line, we absolutely need one or two guys to step up there. That could make a world of difference. 

Overall, going to temper expectations a little but it’s so much better to hear positive takes coming out of camp and it seems like a United team behind the coaches.

What is your take on Hondo Carpenter Raidr, is he generally reliable or is he prone to exaggeration and hit takes? I haven’t listen to a lot of his stuff honestly.

Hondo seems to be pretty plugged in with the team, but he tends to see things with rose-colored shades much too often. He's good to listen to after hearing some depressing takes on the Raiders lol

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I agree with his awkward delivery and his says he really isn't a Raider fan so he's totally non bias, but he actually sounds like a die hard Raider fan lol. That being said he's there at camp and his observations have been echoed by a few others. He takes the time to go more in depth.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Imo Hondo is the most informed beat writer, agreed though his presentation is very odd. Seems like he repeats himself a lot and tries to pre-empt everything he's about to say. He would not make a good tv analyst. He's been around the league longer than any of our other writers and has way more connections. He's very dry, matter of fact, non-conspiracy, face value.

• Like 1