Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

My guesses:

RBs: (4)

Jacobs, White, Abdullah - locks

Most likely - Bolden. He is their scholarship ST player. They'll keep him for his leadership right or wrong

WRs: (6)

Adams, Renfrow, Meyers, Tucker - locks

Carter - for his ST ability. Who is 6 if they keep the same as last year? Dorsett seems obvious but they need size. Can't have 4 small guys on the roster right?

CBs: (6)

Peters, Bennett, Hobbs - locks

Long, Shelley, Robertson - Unless Hall can unseat Amik, which looks doubtful. 

S: (4)

Epps, Moehrig, Smith II - locks

Leaves one spot for Pola-Moa, Teamer - Teamer is clearly the ST ace here and that might solidify it for him

LBs:

Spillane, Deablo, Masterson - locks

Burney, Bolton, Butler - But their names in a hat and draw one. All the same undersized ST player.

I assume they add a LB after cutdowns. 

33 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

My guesses:

Most likely - Bolden. He is their scholarship ST player. They'll keep him for his leadership right or wrong

Carter - for his ST ability. Who is 6 if they keep the same as last year? Dorsett seems obvious but they need size. Can't have 4 small guys on the roster right?

Leaves one spot for Pola-Moa, Teamer - Teamer is clearly the ST ace here and that might solidify it for him

LBs:

Burney, Bolton, Butler - But their names in a hat and draw one. All the same undersized ST player.

• I think Carter is a lock. He will be the punt returner and is a good solid player
  • I really hope Barr, and Bolden are cut. I want to see Sincere / Brown make it. We need as much talent in our RB unit with Jacobs maybe gone
  • can't forget CB Fracyson- who I think is a lock due to contract 
  • what about OL and DL
  • idk if Smith is a lock. I haven't heard anything about him
  • Sam Webb is having a strong camp too
Edited by Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

My guesses:

LBs:

If Sims is as good as suggested on ST then he could be WR #6 and may pave the way for Bolden to be cut. 

39 minutes ago, Dessie said:

If Sims is as good as suggested on ST then he could be WR #6 and may pave the way for Bolden to be cut. 

I'm surprised Cole is playing and getting the targets over Sims. I think Sims is going and would have a role a big WR, who can play special teams. Basically Mack Hollins 2.0 

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

I can see Sims as the 6th WR given his size and ability on STs for sure. Renfrow, Carter, Tucker and Dorsett are all 5'10 or under. They need someone with size at depth.

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:
  • I think Carter is a lock. He will be the punt returner and is a good solid player
  • I really hope Barr, and Bolden are cut. I want to see Sincere / Brown make it. We need as much talent in our RB unit with Jacobs maybe gone
  • can't forget CB Fracyson- who I think is a lock due to contract 
  • what about OL and DL
  • idk if Smith is a lock. I haven't heard anything about him
  • Sam Webb is having a strong camp too

Jacobs isn't going to miss any games when the money is on the line. Bottom of the roster is all about STs. Bolden is steady there. Brown/McCormick are PS candidates. 

Faycon - 2.8 mil dead cap if cut, don't think that make him a lock. It's a 1 year deal and he's injured.

Webb - He makes a case for staying on the roster. CB will be intersting. 

Smith - Don't make assumptions by who the media hype. Have we not learned that lesson? Rookie who they like. Will be a ST player and develop.

Oline:

Miller, Parham, James, Van Roten, Elumenor

Munford, Curtis, Herron (swing tackle with Parker out), Bars or Muti (coin flip)

Dline:

Crosby, Nichols, Tillery, Jones

Wilson, Farrel Jr., Young, Koonce, Silvera 

You can make a case for Butler, Jenkins and Willis. This one will be interesting.

• Like 1