Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

25 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Heard Brandon graham talking about carter last night and seemed like that situation humbled him tremendously. Obviously only time will tell 

Hopefully that's the case. Rooting for him as a UGA fan. Some of these young guys grow up and other caves when the money and celebrity start to creep in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Heard Brandon graham talking about carter last night and seemed like that situation humbled him tremendously. Obviously only time will tell 

The true test is if he starts to get to superstardom can he keep his head on straight. Right now he’s a bright eyed rookie listening to vets. Once the rookie training wheels come off can he handle being a millionaire vet?Can  he handle a big contract? Can he handle week to week activities as a pro? An off-season where there’s no support program like it is now?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Hopefully that's the case. Rooting for him as a UGA fan. Some of these young guys grow up and other caves when the money and celebrity start to creep in. 

He’s probably on probation that means he can get in trouble for anything, a failed drug test, excessive speeding, anything.

Guy like Matthew Butler despite being a draft pick from last year is probably on the bubble with the sudden depth that the Raiders have on the DL. Most likely on the outside looking in. What happens to Neil Farrell as well. John Jenkins seems like a lock to make the team. Has history with the DC. Could see two draft picks from last year cut after 1 season. 

13 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Guy like Matthew Butler despite being a draft pick from last year is probably on the bubble with the sudden depth that the Raiders have on the DL. Most likely on the outside looking in. What happens to Neil Farrell as well. John Jenkins seems like a lock to make the team. Has history with the DC. Could see two draft picks from last year cut after 1 season. 

I think Farrell Jr. makes it. Butler goes to the PS. No shame in a 5th round pick not making the roster if that's the case. 

I don't think Jenkins is a lock either. But they might like his vet leadership in the group. 

It’ll probably come down to who is less likely to get plucked by another team. Mathew butler prolly wouldn’t get poached, nesta could be 50/50. Nichols, tillery, young, farrell jr, a butler, Jenkins?  Hate to leave nesta unprotected, but what do ya do?

Edited by Devilshark69

41 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

It’ll probably come down to who is less likely to get plucked by another team. Mathew butler prolly wouldn’t get poached, nesta could be 50/50. Nichols, tillery, young, farrell jr, a butler, Jenkins?  Hate to leave nesta unprotected, but what do ya do?

Jenkins should be the one on the practice squad. With the expanded practice squad numbers many teams are stashing older vets since they are less likely to get plucked than up and coming talents.

Either way, run stuffing 2 down DT’s aren’t all that hard to find so if Jenkins gets snatched then he is easily replaceable (Akiem Hicks and Linval Joseph are still FA’s). 

• Like 1

I thought about that too, I agree 100%. Keep nesta and stash Jenkins would be fine with me. It’s a good problem to have. I’m hard pressed to think of any of the ‘23 crop I’d leave open and available currently. They’ve all showed decently. Maybe smith but why take a chance. Teamer isn’t getting plucked IMO.