Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

2 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I (and probably many others) observed last year that Davante and Rodgers were pretty adamant about getting out of Green Bay. Adams was a little more "what's best for me" but Rodgers made no secret of his dislike for how the organization does things.

And it was.... Let's say interesting.... To see them be pretty explicit about how poorly run the Raiders and Jets are, although unfortunately no one made them squirm by asking "gee, what team is your basis for this comparison?"

I think Tae and AR reached their conclusions for different reasons but neither disliked the organization. Obviously they developed in GB and spent multiple seasons and  contracts here.  AR probably had his rift with Gute because he wasn’t completely deferential to him and drafted his successor. He still was a complete professional about the game on the field and in the locker room. The off field and off season stuff did start to spiral out of control and as much as it didn’t bother me compared to others, I’m glad not to be on that ride the past couple seasons. 

11 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Just looked at Davante's contract. He's a release candidate next offseason with him  being due 88m over the last.2 years with a 15m dead cap hit. If we trade one of our young WRs next off season like many predict, would leave an opening for Davante

Like, we can do that (re-sign 'Vante) AND trade Kenny Clark for at least a first round pick!!!  After we bring in Marinelli to coach the defense.

I think I will just drop this right here. 

See new posts

Conversation

SI9rHI_5_normal.jpg

the Packers 95% red zone TD rate was #1 in the NFL not just #1 in 2023... ...but #1 for any team in database history! (since 2000) NFL-worst 50% in 2022 to NFL-best 95% in 2023 how did they improve so much? Jordan Love >> Aaron Rodgers, for one

• Like 2

I was on board early last year with giving Love a Mahomes type of extension of 10 years for 400 million. That contract looks like a freaking steal right now. The flexibility a contract like that would have given us cap wise for the first 5 years would have been amazing. 

Anybody think we could get 10 for 450 million at this point? I'd do it in a heartbeat. Probably have to guarantee 250 million or more. 

On 5/3/2024 at 5:45 PM, Old Guy said:

I was on board early last year with giving Love a Mahomes type of extension of 10 years for 400 million. That contract looks like a freaking steal right now. The flexibility a contract like that would have given us cap wise for the first 5 years would have been amazing. 

Anybody think we could get 10 for 450 million at this point? I'd do it in a heartbeat. Probably have to guarantee 250 million or more. 

No chance with Mulugheta. 10 for 550 would be a great contract to be honest. My guess is 5/265.

• 2 weeks later...

After the Lions just gave Goff that deal what is Jordan going to get? 

I'm giving hm 500 for 10. Should be able to finagle the cap to have fairly low numbers for 5 years. I'll guarantee 350 million of the 500. 

Over time it's a steal. I also no there isn't a snowball's chance in hell they will give him that sort of long-term deal. 

I was laughed at last year when I wanted to roll the dice and give him 400 for 10 prior to the one-year extension. In hindsight, I was right, but no chance a GM could have done that before he took first snap as official QB1. 

On 5/1/2024 at 10:04 AM, vegas492 said:

Like, we can do that (re-sign 'Vante) AND trade Kenny Clark for at least a first round pick!!!  After we bring in Marinelli to coach the defense.

LMFAO! 

On 5/13/2024 at 6:32 PM, Brat&Beer said:

Still can't decide if Love was good or lucky on this one. 

Good to find the open man down there while staring pressure in the face.

Lucky that a pass he couldn't/didn't put enough mustard on got to where it was going in time 

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Good to find the open man down there while staring pressure in the face.

Lucky that a pass he couldn't/didn't put enough mustard on got to where it was going in time 

Yeah. Myers with a real whiff that enabled DT to get pressure on Love.

• Like 2

On 5/13/2024 at 6:32 PM, Brat&Beer said:

Still can't decide if Love was good or lucky on this one. 

Really lucky. 

But what was his best throw of the season? Going off the top of my head I might say the throw to Romeo vs the 49ers or his first TD to Reed vs MN on NYE.

Also had a real nice TD to Reed vs Steelers, Watson vs Detroit, and I think Wicks throw vs Chargers was great.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Yeah. Myers with a real whiff that enabled DT to get pressure on Love.

Almost wouldn't even call it a whiff, he just got straight spanked by Jones; Jones cleared his hands so hard he almost put him in the dirt with it.  To be fair, not a lot of shame in getting dusted by one of the best passing rushing DTs of all time.

Also, in no way was that the ballsiest throw of Love's career.  That was 4th down, so you're playing with house money a bit.  An INT is actually much better for you than an incompletion, so the risk is nowhere near what it looked like; granted, maybe not going for a deep shot on 4th and 1 would be a smarter play, but there's no way this throw was ballsier than that TD to Doubs across his body against the Cowboys.

soon as jordan love signs his extension...

"when will jordan love live up to his highest paid in the NFL contract"

"you can't be the highest paid player in the NFL and play poorly in the divisional"

• Like 2