Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

eventually the buck stops w/ @ThatJerkDave and other stockholders for not holding them accountable

But Gute does have those photographs.  So he is allowed to do whatever he wants. He told me that he was trying to lose on purpose by picking all bad players.  He also said that the fans are poopy heads and they like to sniff farts.

On 11/12/2023 at 5:06 PM, {Family Ghost} said:

I think Love is probably safe for this year and next, but I think the Packers will do CYA and draft a talented QB in the draft.  Might not be first round, but I expect one in round 2 or 3.  Got to apply a little more pressure in training camp next year and hope that Love thrives.  If he fizzles thru 24' then you can look to go big game hunting.  For the time being they should build it up around him and try to make things easier for the guy.

I stumbled across a Matt Hasselbeck interview and he was talking about how in GB under Holmgren, every QB was coached the same - Favre, his #2, the camp arms. 

I'm not opposed to dropping a 2 or 3 on a prospect; having a QB as durable as Favre (or even Rodgers) is pretty rare. I'm of the opposite mind of Tom Moore's "if Peyton goes down we're f'ed" quote; the ideal is to have a backup good enough where when the starter goes down the team ISN'T f'ed. 

On 11/13/2023 at 7:28 PM, {Family Ghost} said:

Nothing new for Gutey .. he put Rodgers in a bad situation the previous year with rookie wideouts, and mediocre talent like Cobb and Hammy Watkins.  When your best receiver is Allen Lazard you've got problems.  Don't forget the great TE group featuring Robert Tonyan.  Rodgers is at least partly to blame with his massive contract, but that was bottom the league type talent last year.

Is it Gutey's fault that Davante wanted out? The other guys were passable when not asked to be #1 WR's. Tonyan was not amazing, but was average enough to also not be a ‘hole’. The RB room and the OL room were both a plus in that season.

6 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Is it Gutey's fault that Davante wanted out? The other guys were passable when not asked to be #1 WR's. Tonyan was not amazing, but was average enough to also not be a ‘hole’. The RB room and the OL room were both a plus in that season.

Adams was negotiating with the Packers in 2021, but they wouldn't meet his asking price at that point.  By the time they got back to him again, right after they signed Rodgers to a new deal in March of '22, he apparently asked out.  He was traded about a week after Rodgers signed.  Something happened between 2021 and 2022 that soured him on staying in GB. Could have been the negotiations perhaps .. not sure anyone knows for sure.  Bottom line is that they didn't get him inked when could have.  Adams was apparently miffed as he and Rodgers stated that "last dance" stuff.  Most thought it was Rodgers last dance, but it turned out to be Adams last dance.  Somebody dropped the ball in that negotiation.   

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

Sir, Gute is the reason Adams left. He felt he vastly outperformed his contract after the first two of four seasons and asked for a raise. Gute didn’t give him an awesome offer, he took it like a Californian and began plotting to get out, ultimately in to Vegas with no state income tax. It’s been about the money all along for him.

• Like 1

Adams wanted out because he didn't know how long Rodgers was going to play.  Why would he sign a long term deal in Green Bay only to have Rodgers retire and be stuck with Love who was/is a question mark.

He got to play with his buddy David Carr.

His mom lives in Vegas and gets to see him play.

He got what he wanted, but things didn't work out with the Raiders like he hoped.

2 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Sir, Gute is the reason Adams left. He felt he vastly outperformed his contract after the first two of four seasons and asked for a raise. Gute didn’t give him an awesome offer, he took it like a Californian and began plotting to get out, ultimately in to Vegas with no state income tax. It’s been about the money all along for him.

there all in it for the money, when your arguably the best at what you do, money is what says you are, for most athletes anyway.

Adams and Rodgers, even Bakhtiari figured 2022 would most likely be Rodgers last season, Adams got out while he could still get top dollar, the fail was not having a replacement on board to take his place

3 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

That’s not entirely true. Had Gute offered Adams a better deal sooner he woulda taken it, yes. But at the end GB offered him more but he wanted to be out West, play with his buddy and have his family watch him play. 

The uncertainty around Rodgers contributed too 

• Like 3

On 11/12/2023 at 3:06 PM, {Family Ghost} said:

I think Love is probably safe for this year and next, but I think the Packers will do CYA and draft a talented QB in the draft.  Might not be first round, but I expect one in round 2 or 3. 

This^  

I think Love needs to show big improvement the rest of the way.  You keep him and hope he progresses next year, but I don't think it's going to take much to replace what he's doing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That’s not entirely true. Had Gute offered Adams a better deal sooner he woulda taken it, yes. But at the end GB offered him more but he wanted to be out West, play with his buddy and have his family watch him play. 

The uncertainty around Rodgers contributed too 

He didn’t ask for a trade because of Rodgers. He was committed to getting out because of Gute’s decision making. 

We have to offer 8% more overall to equal a teams offer that operates without the state income/jock taxes. Then you’re in Wisconsin. Is it even a close offer?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, turf toe said:

there all in it for the money, when your arguably the best at what you do, money is what says you are, for most athletes anyway.

Adams and Rodgers, even Bakhtiari figured 2022 would most likely be Rodgers last season, Adams got out while he could still get top dollar, the fail was not having a replacement on board to take his place

This road leads to asking how Gute COULD have done that? We’ve done that one before. Either trade for one, trade up in the draft for one, or had the balls to take DK. I think those were the options.

6 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Did Gute procreate with Adams?

Is Adams lying when he said his main goal was to get closer to home so he could raise his daughter around his family? That it was a dream for him to have his family attend all of his games?

Was he lying about dreaming about wanting to play with Carr?

If Adams wanted to stay in GB, they would've got there financially, just like literally every Pro Bowl level player that GB was interested in keeping. Adams wanted to be back on the West Coast.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Did Gute procreate with Adams?

Is Adams lying when he said his main goal was to get closer to home so he could raise his daughter around his family? That it was a dream for him to have his family attend all of his games?

Was he lying about dreaming about wanting to play with Carr?

If Adams wanted to stay in GB, they would've got there financially, just like literally every Pro Bowl level player that GB was interested in keeping. Adams wanted to be back on the West Coast.

This.

Speculating about his motivations is laughable. He is a clear speaker and already told us.

Lot of projecting going on in this thread ha

• Like 1

Why are people acting like Adams had a say in the matter? We could have franchised him twice if we wanted too, by no means did we have to trade him, this isn't the NBA. Trading a HoF WR for what essentially amounts to a pick swap and a first round pick was a bad move. Holdouts don't work in this league, if we really wanted to keep him we could have. They just didn't want to pay him.