Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

26 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Say what you want about ARod, but I thought he was spot-on when he said on Pat's show today that people should neither crown JLove nor condemn him right now. Pressure he doesn't need right now. Also pointed out how next year he could struggle simply because teams will then have a full season of tape to look at for scheming better against him. 

88crbk.jpg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Anyway I can get you to post it here so I can see what it looked like?

F__f4aiXYAEbEQz?format=png&name=small

In fairness, this had to have been done before he hit Moore in the middle of the field before the winning FG. Still, talk about pathetic. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

People tend to forget that the Packers were 10-14 first 24 games with Rodgers as a starter. It wasn't until the 2nd half of the 2009 season that they started winning consistently. Not saying that will necessarily happen with Love, but the trend may not be an arrow going straight up.

Just now, Brat&Beer said:

People tend to forget that the Packers were 10-14 first 24 games with Rodgers as a starter. It wasn't until the 2nd half of the 2009 season that they started winning consistently. Not saying that will necessarily happen with Love, but the trend may not be an arrow going straight up.

With our remaining schedule it should be pointing straight upward. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

88crbk.jpg

Haha. Interesting though that someone cared enough to create a meme and someone cared enough to post it.  Still, WHAT ARod said is pertinent to this thread on Jordan Love as far as some fans either crowning him or condemning him too quickly in just this his first full year as starter. 

2 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Haha. Interesting though that someone cared enough to create a meme and someone cared enough to post it.  Still, WHAT ARod said is pertinent to this thread on Jordan Love as far as some fans either crowning him or condemning him too quickly in just this his first full year as starter. 

I'm just having fun with it.  No worries.

7 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

Say what you want about ARod, but I thought he was spot-on when he said on Pat's show today that people should neither crown JLove nor condemn him right now. Pressure he doesn't need right now. Also pointed out how next year he could struggle simply because teams will then have a full season of tape to look at for scheming better against him. 

Next year our rookies and 2nd year players have another year under their belt along with 5 pretty nice picks in the 1st 3 rounds.  I'll take the odds on Love being just fine next year rather than him struggling.

15 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

but that had more to do with lousy defense then it did Rodgers,  we over hauled the defense after the 08 season

If the Packers do well in their remaining games against their super easy schedule, they'll face a tougher schedule next year.  The schedule this year has been unbelievably soft and easy.  That may change next year.  That's not on Love, of course, but the W-L may not improve super dramatically when we aren't playing such an easy schedule.  

1 hour ago, craig said:

If the Packers do well in their remaining games against their super easy schedule, they'll face a tougher schedule next year.  The schedule this year has been unbelievably soft and easy.  That may change next year.  That's not on Love, of course, but the W-L may not improve super dramatically when we aren't playing such an easy schedule.  

We have NFC West and AFC south next year.  I'm sure we'll  get August in Florida. Yeah gonna be quite a bit tougher than NFC South and this years AFC west. 

6 hours ago, craig said:

6 games vs the rest of the NFC North

8 games playing all of 2 rotating divisions

That leaves 3 games standings impact. It's not really a big deal.

• Like 1