Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

This is awesome to hear from Schneidman @ The Athletic

All season, Love has hosted the entire offense at his house every Monday for dinner and a film session. Defensive players have been invited, too. The Packers didn’t elect season-long captains, but Love has assumed the role of one, and through those gatherings, he helped such a young team grow closer.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

what if i told you in August Jordan Love would have 7 more total TDs than the 2023 MVP

*edit - and only 1 more turnover

I would have assumed you are a time traveler. If so, tell me we win the Super Bowl. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

To me, it has looked like Love has cleaned up his footwork on his drops, even while in the gun.  His mechanics are just so much better and that has led to better accuracy.

He's playing great football right now.

No doubt this is his taking off point, too.  He can easily get quicker feet and lock in those mechanics in the off-season and get ready for more with these great, young and hungry skill guys.

So....there's gotta be some parents out there in Illinois.  In the off-season they were tucking their children into bed and telling them not to worry, Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers can't hurt them anymore.  Probably had a nightcap afterwards, when the wife says, "Should we worry about Jordan Love?"  They both laugh and fall off to sleep.

And are now living a nightmare. 

• Like 1

In a copycat league, it's mindboggling that no other team has followed our quarterback development strategy. Shows you how much of a 'win now,' mentality owners have and how afraid GM's are to take that approach.

Like someone here said, "the GM's #1 job is to stay employed!" 

It's good to be community owned! 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

In a copycat league, it's mindboggling that no other team has followed our quarterback development strategy. Shows you how much of a 'win now,' mentality owners have and how afraid GM's are to take that approach.

Like someone here said, "the GM's #1 job is to stay employed!" 

It's good to be community owned! 

I think they sat Love a year too long, but in general I think just about all QB's should sit for at least a year and absorb the NFL game.  I'm pretty sure Love could have been doing this stuff last year .. he was ready based off of what we saw in that Eagles game.  Oh well .. he's here now, and has really taken off.

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think they sat Love a year too long, but in general I think just about all QB's should sit for at least a year and absorb the NFL game.  I'm pretty sure Love could have been doing this stuff last year .. he was ready based off of what we saw in that Eagles game.  Oh well .. he's here now, and has really taken off.

The irony is that was probably what people thought about Rodgers after he played well in, I believe, the Cowboys game in his third year. 

Hard to know, but glad he's our quarterback. 

15 hours ago, squire12 said:

doubs getting injured this week might press Watson back.  

Reed, Wicks, Doubs, Melton was a really good 4 WR for today.  If Doubs injury is going to leave him iffy, that makes a Watson active more likely

What happened to Doubs?  All I heard was a chest injury.

I think we should discuss the QB Whisperer in this thread.  Tom Clements was instrumental in developing Aaron Rodgers and it appears he is doing it again with Jordan Love.  He deserves some recognition too.

• Like 2