Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

22 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I'm going to try to be unbiased here.  Projections.....

But Doubs has size, quickness, speed and hands.  He's got every tool that there is to be a bonafide #1 WR in this league.  Oh...and he appears to have the trust of his QB.  

The fade td in the 4th was a called screen that Love threw to Doubs instead.  He really wanted that TD.

Jordan Love has as many 4th quarter comebacks against teams with a winning record as Aaron Rodgers does in Aaron’s entire career.

Aaron Rodgers was, is and always will be a defeatist whiner. Jordan Love will never be as physically gifted as Rodgers was, but he’s significantly better at that preternatural will to win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

Jordan Love has as many 4th quarter comebacks against teams with a winning record as Aaron Rodgers does in Aaron’s entire career.

Aaron Rodgers was, is and always will be a defeatist whiner. Jordan Love will never be as physically gifted as Rodgers was, but he’s significantly better at that preternatural will to win.

The Packers are in a far better spot now .. even if we have to go thru the Jordan Love learning curve for a while.  I think he's already proven himself to a capable NFL starter and it's allowed the Packers the opportunity to grow as a team and to potentially be viable for years to come.  The whole vibe has changed, and it truly seems like a team is rallying around the new guy.  No more head games between Aaron and the front office .. it's just refreshing.  Should have made the move sooner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

Love is just as physically gifted as Aaron IMO

He's not missing any tools whatsoever. It's why he has such a high ceiling 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Love absolutely has all the tools, no disagreement there, but I don't think I could go as high as 'just as physically gifted as Aaron'.  12 drove me insane over the years for a few reasons and I am stoked to be on to the next chapter, but Aaron had one of the wildest arms I've ever seen.  Rodgers could put it anywhere on the field on a rope from just about any throwing platform you could imagine.  Love has the golden touch, he can put that ball anywhere, but Rodgers had truly unique arm talent in some ways.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Love absolutely has all the tools, no disagreement there, but I don't think I could go as high as 'just as physically gifted as Aaron'.  12 drove me insane over the years for a few reasons and I am stoked to be on to the next chapter, but Aaron had one of the wildest arms I've ever seen.  Rodgers could put it anywhere on the field on a rope from just about any throwing platform you could imagine.  Love has the golden touch, he can put that ball anywhere, but Rodgers had truly unique arm talent in some ways.

was that Rodgers in year 3/4 or later career Rodgers? 

3 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

With Love it's just gaining my more accuracy and consistency.  His completion percentage is probably 10 points too low from where it needs to be.  So far he has not shown that he is always able to put the ball where he wants it to be.  Some of it is timing and mechanics and some of it is a lack of experienced receiving talent.  They just aren't always on the same page with Love. 

It's going to get better and better as long as the Packers can get and stay healthy.  Missing Jones and Watson is pretty massive for this offense.  Hopefully once they are ready to go weekly Love will start seeing a big uptick in that completion percentage.  

As far as managing the huddle and running the offense I think Love has been really good.  He seems to know the offense inside and out, and I think it's only up from here.  Not sure where his ceiling is yet, but I think it's pretty high.  Will ever be an Aaron Rodgers master level technician .. remains to be seen.  Hopefully he can find similar success, but it's a high bar. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

how could you possibly know that after 3 games? I have not seen Love make any throw that Rodgers hasn't made a dozen times, and Loves receivers have made some spectacular catches, point is for half of Rodgers career here he had Adams and a whole lot of wannabe's, why people can't seem to grasp the difference, who knows, I expect it's because personally they don't like Rodgers, the chance that Love ever measures up to Rodgers is like 1 in a million

35 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

I think that saying "physically gifted" and "tools" are equivalent. Aaron was a magician at deploying his tools, but Love has absolutely demonstrated those same arm tools and off-platform throwing already IMO. I only need to see it once to show the capability, and he has.

Doing it consistently was, of course, a strength of Aaron's. Consistently and accurately. Time will tell if Love can control his tools as well as Aaron used to - but the tools are definitely there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MacReady said:

Easy to see that AR still rents space for free in that head of yours. I wonder when you'll stop pissing and moaning about him.  He's flawed like everyone else, you included.