Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

No I'm not worried. He's had moments, it's a problem of consistency. He's also been dealing with a patchwork OL, no running game, and I don't think you can have a group of WR/TE that's more green. 

I'm still willing to give him this year and next to see if they can develop around him before rushing to a hasty judgement.

It's clearly a team issue on offense at this point.  They just aren't where they need to be from a precision standpoint at any position.  I can't name one player on offense that is having what I would call a good season.  Every single one of them is showing inexperience.  Love just needs to start hitting the layups in the meantime and hopefully that leads to some more cohesiveness for the offense.  Take more check downs and keep the chains moving.  I think he's pretty good in the pocket, but I'd like to see the Packers roll the pocket a lot more to get him away from danger.  Until the line gets their act together he should probably be looking to bolt more often than probably wants to.

17 hours ago, Donzo said:

Yep- spot on.

Interesting how everything bad use to be the QBs fault with the group think. Awful OL play, terrible defenses, disastrous special teams play and bad receivers caused a lot of tough losses. But- all that was Rodgers' fault. Now, with the worst QB in the league since week two of the season, nothing is the QBs fault.

Too funny!

Considering that the offensive outcomes of this season have been better last year's, with even less offensive talent. 

. . . 

Are you saying that Rodgers was performing worse than Jordan Love is this year?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Donzo said:

Yep- spot on.

Interesting how everything bad use to be the QBs fault with the group think. Awful OL play, terrible defenses, disastrous special teams play and bad receivers caused a lot of tough losses. But- all that was Rodgers' fault. Now, with the worst QB in the league since week two of the season, nothing is the QBs fault.

Too funny!

I think neither take is good, but I don't see too much excuses being made for Love, at least not in game threads themselves.  Most posts seem to call him out pretty good.

I definitely think there was too much idiotic blind hatred towards Rodgers by those who got anti Rodgers derangement syndrome, though I do think some criticisms were valid.  Problem is you get too myopic in QB hatred you don't even consider those other factors like the WRs, OL or the play calls and coaching.  Plus you also had the money Rodgers was being paid which didn't sit well.

But I still think moving on was the right call.  Either way it's done and Rodgers won't be coming back through that door.

As to Love, I'm staying neutral on him for now and just seeing where things go with him.  So far I get the feeling things may not go the way we hoped, but if he can redeem himself after this last bad game and change course, I can get behind him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

On another note, No more Calebb Williams bumping.  I don't want QBs playing here who can't even beat awful Notre Dame defenses.

I get you don't watch football, but at least look at the stats before you try to make crap up.  Notre Dame is 15th in opponents PPG.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

But I still think moving on was the right call.  Either way it's done and Rodgers won't be coming back through that door.

Moving on was absolutely the right call.  Best case scenario with Rodgers, you're a ~.500 team for the remainder of his career and then you bottom out badly as a team consistently picking inside the top 5 for the years after Rodgers retires.  you move Rodgers for what amounts to pair of SRPs plus the FRP pick swap (and change), see what you have in Jordan Love and if he's bad you're getting those early picks earlier.  Unless you truly believe that the patchwork roster with Aaron Rodgers can win in the playoffs, it absolutely was the right decision to move on.  Maybe even a year or two late.

On 10/13/2023 at 8:14 PM, Donzo said:

In Baseball, there's command & control. Love doesn't have either so far. Not a good sign for a 4th yr QB considering there are rookie QBs showing both (at least one RQB anyway) and a 2nd year "Mr Irrelevant" QB that has a ton of both.

The poor control, especially on the deep throws, is understandable. But, the awful command has been a huge issue. He's constantly wrong shouldering the receivers, throwing behind the route or worm burning the throw- ugh.

For a case study, look at those last two throws against the Raiders. Just off the charts horrible. Terrible accuracy- both control & command, terrible timing and terrible instincts.

Three and half years of development for that- horrific

Yeah, I don't get this whole Purdy analogy.  

He's got a solid OL with a HOF LT locking it down.

He's got the best RB in the game.  Two great Wr's and a great TE.  Oh, and a coach who can really call plays.

Purdy is there to not screw it up.  That offense was pre-built, and Purdy stepped in and is doing his job.

Love has, checks notes....zip.  Nada.  Nothing.  None of that.  This offense is going to grow with Love.  Hopefully.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Yeah, I don't get this whole Purdy analogy.  

He's got a solid OL with a HOF LT locking it down.

He's got the best RB in the game.  Two great Wr's and a great TE.  Oh, and a coach who can really call plays.

Purdy is there to not screw it up.  That offense was pre-built, and Purdy stepped in and is doing his job.

Love has, checks notes....zip.  Nada.  Nothing.  None of that.  This offense is going to grow with Love.  Hopefully.  

Didn't their LT leave the game yesterday along with McCaffery?  McC is a great RB but he can't stay healthy.

On 10/14/2023 at 2:53 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Considering that the offensive outcomes of this season have been better last year's, with even less offensive talent. 

. . . 

Are you saying that Rodgers was performing worse than Jordan Love is this year?

I think DVOA had us as a top 8 or so unit last year early in the year, and finished at 12th.  Mostly on the strength of a good/great running game.

Packers sit at 16.  OL/RB game seems to be the major difference.  QB play isn't a major factor.  I'd say Rodgers/Love about the same

23 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Didn't their LT leave the game yesterday along with McCaffery?  McC is a great RB but he can't stay healthy.

Not sure.  I know McCaffrey and Samuel went down.

But it doesn't matter.  That offense was already pre-built for any QB to step in there and not screw it up.

Our offense is not that way.  It is being built around Love and at the same time.

Just now, vegas492 said:

Not sure.  I know McCaffrey and Samuel went down.

But it doesn't matter.  That offense was already pre-built for any QB to step in there and not screw it up.

Our offense is not that way.  It is being built around Love and at the same time.

And then Purdy lost without that stuff which helps your point 

• Like 2