Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

8 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

You would need to find a RB who has something left on his contract past this year.  No use giving up draft capital for a guy who can leave in 2 months.  

What if Dillon, who loves Green Bay, wants to come back on a great deal for GB?  Are we signing him or are we done?

Always depends on the price.  After the season, see what his asking price is.  I really like Dillon.  But I don't like Dillon making super duper money.  His current average yearly salary ranks him 57th in the league.  If he gets 2 million per, that is tied for 27th  in 2024; 4 million per is tied for 16th (Jamaal Williams).  

I wouldn't be opposed to giving him 2 per season.  Maybe something like 3 years 7 million or so.  The benefit of having this young offense is that they will all be cost controlled for the next few years as well, so we could afford a slight overpay to keep Dillon on board, if we wanted to.  He isn't bad when he is used to his strengths and not getting hit in the backfield.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Always depends on the price.  After the season, see what his asking price is.  I really like Dillon.  But I don't like Dillon making super duper money.  His current average yearly salary ranks him 57th in the league.  If he gets 2 million per, that is tied for 27th  in 2024; 4 million per is tied for 16th (Jamaal Williams).  

I wouldn't be opposed to giving him 2 per season.  Maybe something like 3 years 7 million or so.  The benefit of having this young offense is that they will all be cost controlled for the next few years as well, so we could afford a slight overpay to keep Dillon on board, if we wanted to.  He isn't bad when he is used to his strengths and not getting hit in the backfield.  

Dillon behind a functioning OL is a decent #2 to have around.

Now.....what with AJ's inability to go long stretches without getting dinged / out....that perhaps puts Dillon to the forefront more than we'd prefer - simply because the character of the offense changes based on differing skill sets. 

Ask me....offense all begins with the OL. Behind a functioning one....all things are possible. Behind one thats playing like **** - everything's a challenge. 

On 10/25/2023 at 12:58 PM, StatKing said:

The excuses in this thread are next level. You guys are right, it's all everyone else's fault. The Packers are the only team in the league who's had a WR run the wrong route. Jordan Love is obviously an elite QB what was I thinking?

On 10/25/2023 at 2:00 PM, vegas492 said:

Can you find me a team where all the WR's and TE's have 2 years or less of experience in the NFL?

It's one thing to have one guy running the wrong route, but we seem to have multiple guys running wrong routes on the same play.

And you should note this...I am not defending Love.  He's been pretty bad for quite a few games.  The guys around him have been pretty bad as well.  It's just a bad, horrible, offense right now.  And there are plenty of guys worthy of taking blame, including the coach.

Guess I got my answer.

It is a no.

16 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

I read somewhere that no team has put together a group of receivers and tight ends with less experience than ours in over 30 years.

Maybe Gute is tanking?  I get that the hope is that they all kind of come together in the second half of the season and set themselves up for 2024 success.  I guess we'll see, but it doesn't make much sense to saddle a first time starting QB with a bunch of guys that aren't ready for primetime.  I think the idea has kind of been a bust so far.  I guess we'll see going forward.

On 10/26/2023 at 12:27 PM, Packerraymond said:

Two high end football players like Jordan Love. Luckily for us we have a local expert here to tell them he knows more and they are fools!

Meanwhile, the same two guys seemingly have indictments against either the supporting cast, LaFleur, or both. So I don't think we can chalk it up to "tHey ARe yoUnG" and walk away. Something on the offense is broken. It's either Love, the pass catchers, or LaFleur (or a combo). We need to find out which one it is and kill it. 

53 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Meanwhile, the same two guys seemingly have indictments against either the supporting cast, LaFleur, or both. So I don't think we can chalk it up to "tHey ARe yoUnG" and walk away. Something on the offense is broken. It's either Love, the pass catchers, or LaFleur (or a combo). We need to find out which one it is and kill it. 

You'll be mega rich when you find out how to eliminate mental mistakes from the workplace. That's the issue with this offense and thousands of other workplaces. 

• Like 2

On 10/26/2023 at 12:27 PM, Packerraymond said:

Two high end football players like Jordan Love. Luckily for us we have a local expert here to tell them he knows more and they are fools!

OK, but someone please tell Chris Long we aren't looking for him to "lose," more on early downs. Hell, we are losing plenty on early downs.  If he wants them to loosen the reigns and cut him LOOSE, I'm in. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

You could add in an offensive line that he clearly doesn't trust either. 

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You'll be mega rich when you find out how to eliminate mental mistakes from the workplace. That's the issue with this offense and thousands of other workplaces. 

What they are describing is the problem with youth, it's wasted on the young. 

It's going to be tough to evaluate Love this season while his supporting cast is playing so poorly.  Acme's breakdown of mistakes/missed assignments vs DEN isn't pretty.  As expected, Love has issues to work through, but MLF and Stenavich have done a poor job of getting this young group of skill players up to speed.

Execution issues plague the offense in Week 7, pt. 1

Execution issues plague the offense in Week 7, pt. 2

• Like 3

20 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Maybe Gute is tanking?  I get that the hope is that they all kind of come together in the second half of the season and set themselves up for 2024 success.  I guess we'll see, but it doesn't make much sense to saddle a first time starting QB with a bunch of guys that aren't ready for primetime.  I think the idea has kind of been a bust so far.  I guess we'll see going forward.

No GM is going to purposely tank.  If his team loses he loses his job.