2023 EC Finals: (2) Boston Celtics vs (8) Miami Heat

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

The Celtics were ultimately done in by mediocre coaching and a soft mentality. Tatum isn't a real one.

Tatum is weird.

His last two Game 7's were 51 and 14 points.

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Boston trotting out the all white boy lineup, the ultimate white flag.

🤣

It's like what I heard a comic say -- You know it's late at night when you're watching boxing on ESPN and there's two white guys fighting each other.

3 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Culture, coachability, role alignment, it's knowing what you want to fit into your system and playing it! It's not rocket science. But everybody chases talent over fit.

I've long thought there are some inefficiencies in the majority of NBA orgs in regards to scouting and development. We like to think of the NBA as a star driven game, and it is, but there's a reason a few orgs have had consistent success. The Spurs, Heat, Warriors, etc. Yes these teams have had great star players for large parts/all of that time but many other teams have also had stars or even big 3s that did not work out. These teams have the organizational culture and development in spades and always seem to churn out new role players to retool around their squad. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, General Tso said:

I'll give Tatum a slight pass because he twisted his ankle. 

Brown though? He ain't it. 

Bro was also hurt. Brown sucked today (and the series) but people calling to blow the team up are such fools. 

I will say I blame the lack of Mazzula offense more than any one player but I also hope they don't make a mistake and fire him.