2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Is the ability to sing one of the things on the Eagles scouting reports? 😂 

If so it's ******* working.

Coach at the Combine - "Hi, I'm the coach for the Chicago Bears, it's great to meet you."

1st round prospect - "Yeah its great to meet you too. I'd love to add to a storied franchise like the Bears, just gotta say!"

Coach - "Great... now sing 'I feel like a woman' by Shania Twain."

• Like 2

On 11/29/2023 at 11:45 PM, AZBearsFan said:

(per ESPN’s model)

Speaking of, I was messing around in the Playoff Machine (I was feeing extra positive, there are some avenues with our weak schedule) but I have a scenario that could play out and I want to know what the long time Bear fans would rather have…

There is a real good chance there’s a massive logjam at 9-8 for the #7 seed (possibly #6 as well) with the Packers being right in the middle of it. So here is my question, which scenario would you rather have;

A) Panthers lose to the Packers in week 16, Panthers end up 3-14, tied with ARZ and we are guaranteed a Top 3 pick, but the Packers make the playoffs at 9-8

-OR-

B) Panthers beat the Packers, helping knock them out of the playoffs, but that puts the Panthers in a multi-team tie at 4-13, and due to tiebreakers we end up picking 4/5/6?

30 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Speaking of, I was messing around in the Playoff Machine (I was feeing extra positive, there are some avenues with our weak schedule) but I have a scenario that could play out and I want to know what the long time Bear fans would rather have…

There is a real good chance there’s a massive logjam at 9-8 for the #7 seed (possibly #6 as well) with the Packers being right in the middle of it. So here is my question, which scenario would you rather have;

A) Panthers lose to the Packers in week 16, Panthers end up 3-14, tied with ARZ and we are guaranteed a Top 3 pick, but the Packers make the playoffs at 9-8

-OR-

B) Panthers beat the Packers, helping knock them out of the playoffs, but that puts the Panthers in a multi-team tie at 4-13, and due to tiebreakers we end up picking 4/5/6?

The Bears have been so bad lately that we can’t spend our time worrying about other teams’ successes/failures (outside of the obvious Carolina this year), including the Packers.  I’d say get the best draft position possible even if it means allowing the packers to make the playoffs.  The packers have wiped the floor with the bears for so long now that it’s barely a rivalry anymore.

But still, **** the packers.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

-OR-

I hate GB, but not so much that I’d want us to end up worse off ourselves to see them miss the playoffs. Until our team is a contender it doesn’t really matter what GB is or isn’t to me. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I hate GB, but not so much that I’d want us to end up worse off ourselves to see them miss the playoffs. Until our team is a contender it doesn’t really matter what GB is or isn’t to me. 

I agree this is the right take, but wanted to see how those with more Hate for the Packers than I felt about it. 

Let me ask this, and it’s extremely unlikely, but what if that Carolina win over GB would also allow the Bears to sneak into the playoffs (and we likely lose to PHI/SF/DAL in round one)?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

-OR-

Watching GB get the dogpiss beat out of them in the playoffs seems like a good week to me. Hurts their draft stock, one game to enjoy, the Bears draft pick is better, and it gives Love's agent more leverage to stay since they were a playoff team.

Give Love the Daniel Jones deal baby.

12 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I agree this is the right take, but wanted to see how those with more Hate for the Packers than I felt about it. 

Let me ask this, and it’s extremely unlikely, but what if that Carolina win over GB would also allow the Bears to sneak into the playoffs (and we likely lose to PHI/SF/DAL in round one)?

In this HIGHLY unlikely scenario we run off 6 straight wins from here out and Fields is probably good enough that we’re sticking with him. If Fields is a stud then I am far less concerned with where Carolina’s pick is. 

QBs around league - big changes from last season on continuing QB carousel.  

Baker Mayfield looked just awful for TB against Carolina.  Can't imagine they want him back next year. 

Saints fans hate Carr right now.

Raiders fans are out on Jimmy G.

Pats are out on Mac.

Wash doesn't believe in Sam Howell anymore I don't think.

Pickett isn't lighting world on fire by any stretch, but not sure how Pitt feels.  Trubisky just can't play.  

Cousins was having arguably his best year, but Cousins era could still be over as they seem to be on hamster wheel.

TN seems to like Levis potential.  Not so sure.  Maybe he gets another year.

Ridder is meh.

May be time for Stafford to retire I think.  

Giants may have made a mistake.  

On plus or perhaps surprising side:

Russell Wilson has looked serviceable at times this season.  Back from total bust status of last season and early this season.

Love is looking much better of late (vomit).

Kyler Murray has played better than I expected.

Should be some genuine interest in either Fields or #1 or #2 pick.  I figure lowest Carolina goes is #2. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dll2000 said:

QBs around league - big changes from last season on continuing QB carousel.  

Baker Mayfield looked just awful for TB against Carolina.  Can't imagine they want him back next year. 

Saints fans hate Carr right now.

Raiders fans are out on Jimmy G.

Pats are out on Mac.

Wash doesn't believe in Sam Howell anymore I don't think.

Pickett isn't lighting world on fire by any stretch, but not sure how Pitt feels.  Trubisky just can't play.  

Cousins was having arguably his best year, but Cousins era could still be over as they seem to be on hamster wheel.

TN seems to like Levis potential.  Not so sure.  Maybe he gets another year.

Ridder is meh.

May be time for Stafford to retire I think.  

Giants may have made a mistake.  

On plus or perhaps surprising side:

Russell Wilson has looked serviceable at times this season.  Back from total bust status of last season and early this season.

Love is looking much better of late (vomit).

Kyler Murray has played better than I expected.

Should be some genuine interest in either Fields or #1 or #2 pick.  I figure lowest Carolina goes is #2. 

Even with the trade value for Fields being significantly less than pick 1/2, I think there’ll be plenty of interest if we go that way, and what you’ve pointed out here is exactly why. There’s a whole lot of mid out there, and next year’s likely available QB pool is going to be mostly the same guys (Cousins if MIN doesn’t keep him (I think they will), Mayfield, Garoppolo, Dobbs, Tannehill, Tyrod, Heinicke, Dalton, Trubisky, Mariota, Winston). Other than Cousins, none of those guys really has any potential to be a long term answer (Fields still offers that) and none is exciting (Fields brings flash plays at minimum). The top end of that list will cost way more than Fields too (who a team acquiring him can lock in for 1 year and about $3M for just 2024 or 2 years and less than $30M total if his 5th year option is picked up). If we’re taking Williams or Maye only one other team will get the other, and half the league is going to be considering if not needing QB upgrades. That’s not to say we should be expecting a 1 for Fields, but there’ll be a legit market for sure. 

• Like 2