Which Franchise is Most Delusional Right Now

brownie man

Just now, scar988 said:

My wife is a steelers fan. So the team I probably watch 2nd most out of all of them is Pittsburgh. They're going to make noise, but their division is going to be one of the best in football. Tomlin is always pulling something out of his hat though.

I was rooting for the falcons in both SBs they were in so there’s that.  I also drove through Atlanta once on my way to Tampa Bay.   Those are my only connections. 

29 minutes ago, Squanchy said:

I was rooting for the falcons in both SBs they were in so there’s that.  I also drove through Atlanta once on my way to Tampa Bay.   Those are my only connections. 

I went to the Falcons-Steelers game with my wife and her dad and brother (also Steelers fans obviously), and I got looked at like I was the "weird in-law" by the Steelers fans who were at the game. (and the game was in Atlanta).

Edited by scar988

3 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I went to the Falcons-Steelers game with my wife and her dad and brother (also Steelers fans obviously), and I got looked at like I was the "weird in-law" by the Steelers fans who were at the game. (and the game was in Atlanta).

Welcome to Steelers nation.  We always think we’re the home team.  And we’re kind of ***** about it. 

3 hours ago, mtmmike said:

No worries how is it going.

New employees coming on here 

Have a fishing trip planned on yellowstone lake

Feed 'em to the grizzlies right before payday. Rinse and repeat. And I'm doing great, Mike. No worries. Glad you're doing well.

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Every player drafted this year has top-10 at their position all-time potential; if it doesn't happen, hey, it's just that they didn't hit their potential. And since nobody can measure "potential," I can never be wrong.

It’s just an absurdly odd way of looking at things.

You won’t find a bigger Joe Burrow stan than me, and he’s accomplished quite a bit in three years - NFL Comeback Player of the Year in 2021, Super Bowl appearance in 2021, Pro Bowl and AFC Conference Final appearance last year, current all-time record holder for completion % (which is a roundabout way of saying he’s been one of the most accurate passers all time, thus far), 3-1 vs a future GOAT in Mahomes, universally recognized as a current top 3 QB, and completely changed the culture of a franchise/city for the better - yet, not once have I considered his “potential” to supplant the top 10 greatest ever. Why? Because we literally just started, and so much needs to happen over the next 5+ years to even consider it. Do I think he will win MVP(s)? Yes. Do I think he will win a Super Bowl(s)? Yes. Even if he does, does that guarantee him a top 10 spot all-time? No. 

A guy like Burrow is heading in the right direction and is proving it. A guy like Ridder has just expunged from the womb and hasn’t proven a damn thing relative to anything resembling a franchise player, or even just starting caliber QB for that matter. It’s all just very odd and off putting. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

It’s just an absurdly odd way of looking at things.

You won’t find a bigger Joe Burrow stan than me, and he’s accomplished quite a bit in three years - NFL Comeback Player of the Year in 2021, Super Bowl appearance in 2021, Pro Bowl and AFC Conference Final appearance last year, current all-time record holder for completion % (which is a roundabout way of saying he’s been one of the most accurate passers all time, thus far), 3-1 vs a future GOAT in Mahomes, universally recognized as a current top 3 QB, and completely changed the culture of a franchise/city for the better - yet, not once have I considered his “potential” to supplant the top 10 greatest ever. Why? Because we literally just started, and so much needs to happen over the next 5+ years to even consider it. Do I think he will win MVP(s)? Yes. Do I think he will win a Super Bowl(s)? Yes. Even if he does, does that guarantee him a top 10 spot all-time? No. 

A guy like Burrow is heading in the right direction and is proving it. A guy like Ridder has just expunged from the womb and hasn’t proven a damn thing relative to anything resembling a franchise player, or even just starting caliber QB for that matter. It’s all just very odd and off putting. 

I might be wrong but I have a feeling notthatbluestuff's tongue was firmly in his cheek.  😉

• Like 1