Madden 24

Ty21

I like that they are focusing on team building with upgrading the trade, draft and contract systems. I think they'll try to get comp picks next. I think I'm starting to trust them when comes to putting in work for the offseason aspect of franchise. I now want that focus to also go to presentation

• Like 1

10 hours ago, August4th said:

I like that they are focusing on team building with upgrading the trade, draft and contract systems. I think they'll try to get comp picks next. I think I'm starting to trust them when comes to putting in work for the offseason aspect of franchise. I now want that focus to also go to presentation

I just want to face someone online that doesn’t run trips TE Closed PA Crossers for 4Q’s. A little diversity in broken plays would be nice at the very least. 

I really want some type of formation creator and play creator, even if it's a separate entity you can then upload to Madden.

I haven't played this past season's Madden, but the thing I hate is that you needed to use the play clock to do formation/package subs. Why can't I just pause the game and set all the personnel for my various formations and packages?

• Like 2

On 8/8/2023 at 11:06 AM, Tetsujin said:

I really want some type of formation creator and play creator, even if it's a separate entity you can then upload to Madden.

I haven't played this past season's Madden, but the thing I hate is that you needed to use the play clock to do formation/package subs. Why can't I just pause the game and set all the personnel for my various formations and packages?

You can do formation subs out of the game now. It was completely broken in Madden 21 but fixed this past one.

The only issue is that it resets if you make any change at all to your roster. 

I saw on the subreddit the 50% off ‘we’re sorry’ discount is just for the deluxe edition, so they’re essentially forcing the MUT stuff on people affected to try to get them into it and spend money on it lol

• Like 1

Played a little practice mode last night on PC, and the physics engine is definitely better than last year, but CP had the old gen physics last year which were trash anyways.

Still not sure how I feel about this game yet. Seems like the same plays that worked last year and the year before still work this year.

3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Trade Finder is a massive W tho. Finally

One of the better changes from last year.

If you tried to find a trade for a player last year you got horrible offers sometimes.

Mostly 3 scrubs or 2 scrubs and a player slightly worse then you’re offering or instead of the scrubs you’d get a 7th round pick from the upcoming draft and a future day 3  pick. Some teams would offer the same player(s) for trade regardless of who you’re offering. My best offers came from trading players in the 90s (OVR not age) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

One of the better changes from last year.

If you tried to find a trade for a player last year you got horrible offers sometimes.

Mostly 3 scrubs or 2 scrubs and a player slightly worse then you’re offering or instead of the scrubs you’d get a 7th round pick from the upcoming draft and a future day 3  pick. Some teams would offer the same player(s) for trade regardless of who you’re offering. My best offers came from trading players in the 90s (OVR not age) 

How is the franchise mode so far?

Real changes?

Training camp like it used to be in ~'05?

Does the depth chart totally reset forcing you to spend time configuring your sub and base packages all over again every time theres an injury or roster move?

1 hour ago, adamq said:

How is the franchise mode so far?

Real changes?

Training camp like it used to be in ~'05?

Does the depth chart totally reset forcing you to spend time configuring your sub and base packages all over again every time theres an injury or roster move?

Franchise mode looks similar stylistically, but there were minor changes made.
- Instead of having to wait to resign players until week 3 or later you can begin negotiations with players as of week 1.
- during the weekly strategy each player you focus train can do one training exercise except for OL not having any available (even kickers and punters have available training).

- I can’t remember all the training sessions from back then but there are plenty and I did recognize some of them 

- you have no control on how you restructure a players contract, you select “restructure contract” and it tells you that the amount you save will be split across the remaining contract. 
example
before:

year 1 $17 million cap hit

year 2 $20 mill 

after:

year 1 $13 mill

year 2 $24 mill 

- scouting  seems similar but I’ve seen videos from Madden YouTubers where they show that you can find once in a lifetime players in scouting (players with a 99 attribute that matters ie MLB with 99 tackle) 

When I signed Akeim Hicks as a free agent RE I immediately went to my depth chart and it had not changed. Hicks was the top player available under the top 3 REs

Teams having negative cap space after year 1  (confirmed in the offseason) hasn’t changed at all yet. I haven’t tried making a trade during the preseason/regular season so I don’t know if it continues into the regular season. I made a trade with a team who had -$1.6 million (predraft) and I had to acquire their 26 rated TE with a cap hit of $1.3 million and their third string QB to make the trade happen and then cut both players immediately 

Madden YouTuber “C4” did a video where he relocated every NFL team and there are more than enough cities and logos to do that without using current cities or logos. (He did use the Houston Oilers though)

• Like 1