Madden 24

Ty21

4 minutes ago, adamq said:

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-24/news/madden-24-franchise-mode

seems like franchise actually got improved this year... I did miss the training camp drills.. trade value chart being implemented is kind of cool and only 20 years past due.... seems like draft prospects will get better as well. there was an issue where you get 10ish years in and the overall talent distribution is all out of whack for most positions 

more relocation options, hopefully the jerseys don't continue to be ***. move your team to some of the worlds greatest locals.. buenos aires, honolulu, melbourne, paris.... virginia beach? omaha? 

Should add expansion teams of the relocation team options. Making a 34 team league would be neat. 

I’ll be happy if franchise is actually improved. The gameplay just doesn’t look terribly different from 23. Looked like separation and route running matters more and if a cb sees a ball heading their way, they won’t stand flat footed and watch the receiver eventually see it and react.

Watching madden change over the last 20 years has been like having a kid, watching the kid show promise, then watching him regress and **** his pants worse and worse every year while gradually starting to do the promising things it did in the beginning again. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, adamq said:

seems like franchise actually got improved this year... I did miss the training camp drills.. trade value chart being implemented is kind of cool and only 20 years past due.... seems like draft prospects will get better as well. there was an issue where you get 10ish years in and the overall talent distribution is all out of whack for most positions 

more relocation options, hopefully the jerseys don't continue to be ***. move your team to some of the worlds greatest locals.. buenos aires, honolulu, melbourne, paris.... virginia beach? omaha? 

This was a good and surprising read. I would like to get madden this year, but will use my trial on EA play first. I really hate the current scouting system, so if it is still the same, not sure I can do it. 

• Like 2

I do like some of the changes.  Changes to trades and the draft seem like they’d be good. 

Although the game doesn’t have to add much for me to want to play it.

All I want is to be able to start on online franchise where if my buddy wanted to jump in for a few games here and there and play on the same team as me from his house we can.  So I can be the qb and he can be the rb or wr and we throw 10 deep balls a game.  

On 7/23/2023 at 3:55 PM, Wyld Stallyns said:

I’ve heard of NF and Wiz Khalifa, Andy Mineo sounds familiar but I don’t know from what and I know there was a 90’s alternative rock band called Belly but I’m sure this isn’t it. 

Updated artist list, Jack Harlow wasn’t on the list before. Favorite? Not familiar enough with any of these. Like I said, I’ve heard OF a few. 

1 hour ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Updated artist list, Jack Harlow wasn’t on the list before. Favorite? Not familiar enough with any of these. Like I said, I’ve heard OF a few. 

Most of those names are made up, right? Like, they're not actual artists, much less people's favorites? Right? Right?

• Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 11:31 AM, adamq said:

I would say that sounds promising, but Im fairly confident there isnt much depth to the coaches, and until ratings mean more in franchise, especially in regards to simmed stats, I cant get too excited.

And this is excessively overdue.   Its a start, but I doubt franchise gets touched much the next year or two.

• Like 1

Madden's soundtrack lately has been terrible.

It's all rap and hip hop. That's great for people who like rap and hip hop. But back when Madden cared, they had rap, hip hop, pop punk, pop, rock, nu metal, metal, grunge... Every genre you could possibly think of, and the mix made it tolerable because it wasn't the same crap every single song.

I'm sure there are some good songs on the past 5 Maddens. I wouldn't know because I just turn that off and don't bother.

• Like 4

I couldn’t care less about any soundtrack for the last decade and a half but I also don’t care that it’s not white dad rock playlists either. I mute the game every year anyway because, like stallyns, I use this time for podcasts or my own playlists. No sports game soundtrack will ever stack up to NCAA 06 or MLB the Show 14 for me 

10 hours ago, MacReady said:

Madden's soundtrack lately has been terrible.

It's all rap and hip hop. That's great for people who like rap and hip hop. But back when Madden cared, they had rap, hip hop, pop punk, pop, rock, nu metal, metal, grunge... Every genre you could possibly think of, and the mix made it tolerable because it wasn't the same crap every single song.

I'm sure there are some good songs on the past 5 Maddens. I wouldn't know because I just turn that off and don't bother.

And its not just that its rap, but mostly garbage rap.   Its like they just look for the cheapest stuff they can get and throw it on there.

Im not a wrestling fan anymore, but I play the games with my nephew and the soundtracks on WWE2k19 and 23 are actually really good.   Significantly better than any soundtrack Madden has had since the 2000s.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2023 at 7:58 PM, Wyld Stallyns said:

I listen to 90s grunge and Metal, or podcasts while playing Madden.

That ASAP person has been on every single Madden game for a decade. 

You can't kill the Metal
The Metal will live on
Punk Rock tried to kill the Metal
But they failed, as they were smite to the ground
New Wave tried to kill the Metal
But they failed, as they were stricken down to the ground
Grunge tried to kill the Metal
Ha-ha-ha-ha
They failed, as they were thrown to the ground
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, biggio7 said:
You can't kill the Metal
The Metal will live on
Punk Rock tried to kill the Metal
But they failed, as they were smite to the ground
New Wave tried to kill the Metal
But they failed, as they were stricken down to the ground
Grunge tried to kill the Metal
Ha-ha-ha-ha
They failed, as they were thrown to the ground

After reading this I wish I could reply with an audio clip of Phil Labonte screaming at the beginning of This Calling.