Madden 24

Ty21

5 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

remember that year (or couple of yerars?) when they had a radio show playing during franchise mode that would talk about moves you made or the upcoming season? that was awesome

It was at first but it got extremely repetitive pretty quick

• Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 5:24 PM, Heimdallr said:

remember that year (or couple of yerars?) when they had a radio show playing during franchise mode that would talk about moves you made or the upcoming season? that was awesome

if EA kept that kind of immersion going we would have a podcast type system that would be diff for each team. new dialogue gets updated throughout the season..oh well

13 hours ago, Ty21 said:

For anyone on the fence: Madden 24 features “depth chart reordering” so now you can…reorder your depth chart…

That’s not the laugh you think it is. Depth chart reordering has always been available. Unfortunately the game would automatically reorder your depth chart when you sign free agents, trade for players or a player returns from injury. You’d then have to go and fix your depth chart back to the way you had it. The new feature is you can shut that auto reorder off. 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 2:10 PM, showtime said:

I just found out this game will have next gen and full cross play on PC. That's intriguing to me because I have a ton of steam money that's just been sitting there because I don't buy a ton of games.

You know.....you could also send me a copy of the game as a gift through Steam if you have a hole burning in your digital pocket 😁

dazed-and-confused-matthew-mcconaughey.g

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

That’s not the laugh you think it is. Depth chart reordering has always been available. Unfortunately the game would automatically reorder your depth chart when you sign free agents, trade for players or a player returns from injury. You’d then have to go and fix your depth chart back to the way you had it. The new feature is you can shut that auto reorder off. 

Probably one of the lamest things to highlight as an "improvement"

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, RaisinBran said:

Probably one of the lamest things to highlight as an "improvement"

I get people don't like Madden and that is okay.  But that is just one of the many many things they announced that was changed with franchise mode.  I certainly wouldn't say they "highlighted" that change.

Edited by iknowcool

Just now, iknowcool said:

I get people don't like Madden and that is okay.  But that is just one of the many things they announced that was changed with franchise mode.  Seems kind of disingenuous to act like that is the main thing they cited as an improvement.

While watching the blowback from them listing it has been pretty funny, but it was also a legit problem with '23 that absolutely needed addressed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

off topic..but a yr from now we'll be playing a PS5 football game that's not madden because the new college game will be out...madden 25 will probably not even exist to me during this time lol

Madden 25 has existed for almost a decade, oddly enough.  I'm actually interested to see what they call next year's Madden.  

• Like 1

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-24/news/madden-24-franchise-mode

seems like franchise actually got improved this year... I did miss the training camp drills.. trade value chart being implemented is kind of cool and only 20 years past due.... seems like draft prospects will get better as well. there was an issue where you get 10ish years in and the overall talent distribution is all out of whack for most positions 

more relocation options, hopefully the jerseys don't continue to be ***. move your team to some of the worlds greatest locals.. buenos aires, honolulu, melbourne, paris.... virginia beach? omaha? 

• Like 1