Madden 24

Ty21

Summary of new franchise features for those who don't want to watch the video: 

- They are brining back training camp mini games to upgrade your players. 

- You can now restructure contracts. 

- They made adjustments to the generated draft classes to include more variety of "generational" talents. 

- They modified the cpu generated draft classes to have better physical attributes. The explanation for this is that players that are drafted are gifted athletes right away when they enter the league, they shouldn't have to develop into one. The development should be more on the skill side. 

- They expanded the trade system to allow for 6 assets to be included instead of just 3. 

- The coaches xp system added a 3rd talent tree for each coach. 

- Additional commissioner tools were added. 

- You can modify the strength of draft class generation by position. 

- You can turn off the cpu reordering your depth chart all the time. 

- You can modify player regression due to age. 

I guarantee the sim stat engine in franchise will still be broken, and 70 rated QBs will still often put up similar numbers to 90+ rated QBs.

I guarantee coaches will still be poorly done and wont accurately separate good coaches from bad ones, coach tendencies and how all those things can affect a team.   Those coach skill trees are largely window dressing.   Very little that meaningfully affects your team.

I guarantee the draft and free agency AI will still be busted, and I will be shocked if trades between CPU controlled teams are added back in, and if they are, probably poorly.

I guarantee end zone fade passes will still be completely broken, despite being accurately done in All Pro 2k8.

I guarantee sidelines will still be largely lifeless, again, something even 2k8 did well.

I guarantee presentation will still be a joke.

The list could go on, but that's enough.

EA can add as many new and old features back into the game as they want, but those issues will always keep it a mediocre game, especially for offline chisers like me.   Online guys may have more to look forward to, but nothing special.

It sucks too...because Id love to play a good franchise right now.   But its the same old story.

This franchise mode is shaping up nicely... to be what Madden 13 should've been over 10 years ago when they gutted franchise for "connected franchise".

I

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Squanchy said:

Has there ever been a Madden where you can see your teams players sack totals in the overall NFL sack totals stat page?

That’s gonna be a feature in Madden 27

• Like 2

seems like EA making franchise and gameplay better..even if it's in baby steps

one thing they need to start focusing on again is presentation/commentary...where is romo/nantz or aikman/buck? Al Micheals? collinsworth? how does the biggest NFL game miss the voices of the game?Pat McAfee is a rising voice with the young crowd..could work in his voice and others as a sideline reporter ..I want to see CBS, fox, ESPN graphics displayed and the weather needs a complete overhual

• Like 1

5 hours ago, August4th said:

seems like EA making franchise and gameplay better..even if it's in baby steps

one thing they need to start focusing on again is presentation/commentary...where is romo/nantz or aikman/buck? Al Micheals? collinsworth? how does the biggest NFL game miss the voices of the game?Pat McAfee is a rising voice with the young crowd..could work in his voice and others as a sideline reporter ..I want to see CBS, fox, ESPN graphics displayed and the weather needs a complete overhual

EA will never include those network presentations.   They need as many chances to cram down peoples throats that its an EA game.