Madden SUX thread

Ty21

39 minutes ago, Squanchy said:

They should only do full new iterations every 2 or 3 years so there's time for developers to actually implement any meaningful changes.  With FREE roster updates for the years in between.

MUT cards don’t advance on to the next madden (afaik, I don’t MUT) so if they made that decision it would cost them billions. Being able to push out the same copse of cards year in and year out is astronomical for them. 

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2023/06/07/moving-the-chains

looks like they're adding some things people been wanting for franchise mode, but the game still feels 10 yrs behind in some ways. I'm wondering if we'll ever get a madden that makes people think "wow, I can't believe they added this. So forward thinking" instead of "they finally added this.."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, August4th said:

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2023/06/07/moving-the-chains

looks like they're adding some things people been wanting for franchise mode, but the game still feels 10 yrs behind in some ways. I'm wondering if we'll ever get a madden that makes people think "wow, I can't believe they added this. So forward thinking" instead of "they finally added this.."

However, perhaps the biggest improvement to defense comes in the form of what the developer is taking away from their repertoire: their "psychic" abilities. In past games, defenders would magically swat away passes they weren't even looking at or preemptively run the receiver's route before the receiver himself ran it. Those A.I. anomalies are gone in this entry, making for more realistic defensive play. 

I haven't played or bought a Madden game since Antonio Brown was on the cover, but this was always my biggest pet peeve. You turn up the difficulty a bit to get a more realistic challenge, and you get LBs making interceptions in underneath coverage entirely with their backs turned. It felt awful.

11 hours ago, Squanchy said:

They should only do full new iterations every 2 or 3 years so there's time for developers to actually implement any meaningful changes.  With FREE roster updates for the years in between.

lol tell that to shareholders.

• Like 2

Literally nothing there sounds any different than any other year.    A bunch of fluffy talk to make it sound like huge gameplay improvements.   Some semi promising but likely poorly implemented new features that will probably add very little to the game....and pretty much all the same garbage that has made Madden mediocre since M13.

Oh, and yet another pre rendered trailer.

Laughable for a supposed "make or break" year.

Please "break".   Only chance we ever get any real changes.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, 43M said:

Please "break".   Only chance we ever get any real changes.

You’re going to be saying this every year for the rest of your life 

• Like 2

On 6/6/2023 at 1:53 PM, Xmad said:

They always say this and they still have madden 19 posters somewhere in the stadiums lmao.

You got a screenshot? Lol I believe it!

In the old maddens (07 on ps2), when you won the Superbowl with a...uh..not so vanilla coach, his face would end up looking like a word that rhymes with "lackmace".