2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

This is a good point. 

eMTM5Sq.png

The Jacksonville win was legit, but the Rams were resting all of their starters (offensive DNP included Goff, Gurley, Kupp, Watkins & Woods), HOU with no Watson, the Fox/Loggains Bears has that game won before Foxing it in the 4th quarter, and squeaking by an underachieving TEN team. 100% agree there’s reason for optimism in SF but people talk about them like it’s a foregone conclusion they’re the next dynasty. 

I didn't say the 49ers are the next dynasty. The only point I was making was that they won 5 games in a row the second they put Jimmy G in at QB. Two of the wins came against teams that  were in the AFC semifinals. The Niners out played the Bears as they moved the ball all day on them with the pass and the Bears only led because of a punt return TD by Cohen.

This doesn't mean they will be better then the Bears in the future.

1 hour ago, TB 1 said:

I didn't say the 49ers are the next dynasty. The only point I was making was that they won 5 games in a row the second they put Jimmy G in at QB. Two of the wins came against teams that  were in the AFC semifinals. The Niners out played the Bears as they moved the ball all day on them with the pass and the Bears only led because of a punt return TD by Cohen.

You can say they only led bc of the cohen punt return, except for the fact that they LED THE ENTIRE GAME.  Im sorry but that didnt just happen bc of one play.  And for as much as you are saying they moved the ball it took a last second FG to make 5 for the game for them to win.  So they obviously werent just marching up and down the field.

18 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

Wasn’t meaning you specifically - was referring to the litany of pundits who are talking up SF like they’re already a made team. Sorry if that wasn’t clear. 

Agree about SF: it's the same phenomenon that we're complaining about with the "Bears were dumb to not pick up Fullers 5th year"  Just taking a single data point and stretching it out into a take.  I don't think sports journalism was ever all that good, but the interenet making clickbait a thing has really killed it. 

I don't really care too much about whether it's Watkins or Robinson, I just need them to add talent through FA to take the pressure off during the draft.  In my head it's still totally feasible to get both "Hey you're both number one in my book!"

Banner and Gabriel are tweeting about how a bunch of deals are already done.

As I said Watkins or Robinson, whichever one we had a better chance of landing.

We should call SF and decide with them, one of us signs Robinson the other Watkins.

Archived