tre'davious white in concussion protocol

GSUeagles14

Just now, wackywabbit said:

It's ok to injure a guy on the ground who has no idea a targeted full body-force to the head hit is coming because the refs were missing calls and it cost Brady an interception on his stat sheet

-multiple Pats fans in this thread

I think you're misquoting a bit.

10 minutes ago, theJ said:

I think you're misquoting a bit.

Am I? Not all from this thread, but...

35 minutes ago, LieutenantGains said:

maybe the refs shouldnt let people hold him every game for 6+ years. pent up anger finally came out. White was pulling Gronks jersey all game long, and them not throwing the flag right there cost Brady a BS interception

11 hours ago, lancerman said:

I think I was far more forgiving of the Gronk hit because that interception is going to hurt him in the MVP race. This whole game really is, but that was the cherry on top. That said, in the grand scheme of things we should be getting Hogan and Mitchell back soon, we are playing the fish. Let Gronk rest and heal up for a big game vs the Steelers. 

5 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Gronk had a serious case to be frustrated, not only given the penalty that should have been called for him on the play, but the tuggle war he's had with refs over the course of his career. I don't think it's any indication of him being a dirty player at all. He's not. He should have taken it out on the ref, not White. That would be suspension worthy... 

Plus a few others not endorsing the hit but acting like a missed holding call on the play has anything to do with it being a dirty play.

In fairness other Pats fans say he should be suspended 1-2 games. 2 games is what I think.

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

Plus a few others not endorsing the hit but acting like a missed holding call on the play has anything to do with it being a dirty play.

It doesn't change that it was a dirty play dude, but have some perspective. In addition to White literally holding him the whole route and then pushing him away from the play which was as blatant as it got, Gronk was held most of the game, and it was having guys dive at his knees all game because he couldn't be brought down. No wonder he lost his cool and freaked out momentarily. He freaked out and lashed out by doing a jumping forearm on his helmet/back of shoulder pads and then got up and walked away then took responsible for it and publicly apologized. 

You're blowing it up alot.

8 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

The hit was malicious and dangerous. I love Gronk as a player, but this is beneath him. He needs to be suspended.

Clearly it wasn't beneath him.

The strangest part in all of this is that Gronk would go after his neck/head area in the first place.  The man has missed how much time with broken vertebrae, concussions and compressed discs in his back?  And he chooses to retaliate by going after the exposed area of another player's neck while laying prone on the ground?

4 minutes ago, lancerman said:

It doesn't change that it was a dirty play dude, but have some perspective. In addition to White literally holding him the whole route and then pushing him away from the play which was as blatant as it got, Gronk was held most of the game, and it was having guys dive at his knees all game because he couldn't be brought down. No wonder he lost his cool and freaked out momentarily. He freaked out and lashed out by doing a jumping forearm on his helmet/back of shoulder pads and then got up and walked away then took responsible for it and publicly apologized. 

You're blowing it up alot.

No you're down playing a dirty hit to give a player a concussion a lot. His apology was a huge non apology and frankly insulting. I honestly didn't mind Gronk and thought his antics were just harmless fun but this is disgusting as is the several Pats fans in here trying to laugh off what he did because he was being held on the play. 

Just now, LeeEvans said:

No you're down playing a dirty hit to give a player a concussion a lot. His apology was a huge non apology and frankly insulting. I honestly didn't mind Gronk and thought his antics were just harmless fun but this is disgusting as is the several Pats fans in here trying to laugh off what he did because he was being held on the play. 

No Pat player has laughed it off or said it wasn't dirty. They said at most Gronk's frustration for basically being held and targeted all game led to it and if the game was controlled better by the officials this likely doesnt matter. 

And I don't really need to hear about the outrage because I've been here (and you've been here) long enough to know that every fanbase has this happen when a player is accused of cheap hit. Hell most of the time it's fans saying it's okay. Gronk messed up, but the reason he did was very understanable. And unlike 99% of players in these situations, he didn't try to lie or make an excuse, he apologized. As did the coach. So yeah in this specific instance it's being blown significantly out of proportion.

7 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Clearly it wasn't beneath him.

The strangest part in all of this is that Gronk would go after his neck/head area in the first place.  The man has missed how much time with broken vertebrae, concussions and compressed discs in his back?  And he chooses to retaliate by going after the exposed area of another player's neck while laying prone on the ground?

Like i said in another thread, i don't think he went at him intending to injure him.  

I know i've gotten heated playing sports before and went at another player a little harder than what's necessary.  It doesn't mean i was trying to hurt them.  In pretty much every case, i was trying to get them to back off what i perceived as an injustice against me.  To show them i didn't appreciate how they were playing.  The right thing to do?  Definitely not, but i am human, and prone to showing emotion, like all humans are.

3 minutes ago, lancerman said:

No Pat player has laughed it off or said it wasn't dirty. They said at most Gronk's frustration for basically being held and targeted all game led to it and if the game was controlled better by the officials this likely doesnt matter. 

And I don't really need to hear about the outrage because I've been here (and you've been here) long enough to know that every fanbase has this happen when a player is accused of cheap hit. Hell most of the time it's fans saying it's okay. Gronk messed up, but the reason he did was very understanable. And unlike 99% of players in these situations, he didn't try to lie or make an excuse, he apologized. As did the coach. So yeah in this specific instance it's being blown significantly out of proportion.

No it's not. Not getting calls does not give you the right to do what he did. Belicheck's apology was much more sincere and I like the fact that he personally went up to McDermott after the game and apologized. Gronks apology was BS, he basically said "My bad but really let's talk about the penalty calls I didn't get." 

24 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

What you said is accurate except the part before "because".  What some people in this thread are saying is "Gronk did this because".  I didn't see one person "it's ok to hurt another player because".  Big difference.  You put some words in their mouths, from what i read.

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

No it's not. Not getting calls does not give you the right to do what he did. Belicheck's apology was much more sincere and I like the fact that he personally went up to McDermott after the game and apologized. Gronks apology was BS, he basically said "My bad but really let's talk about the penalty calls I didn't get." 

He didn't say it gave him the right.  He said it's understandable why he did.

There's a big difference there.

5 minutes ago, theJ said:

Like i said in another thread, i don't think he went at him intending to injure him.  

I know i've gotten heated playing sports before and went at another player a little harder than what's necessary.  It doesn't mean i was trying to hurt them.  In pretty much every case, i was trying to get them to back off what i perceived as an injustice against me.  To show them i didn't appreciate how they were playing.  The right thing to do?  Definitely not, but i am human, and prone to showing emotion, like all humans are.

Did you kick your opponent while he was laying prone on the ground?  I certainly hope not (as it might taint your mod status :ph34r: ).

This isn't a bang-bang play like your analogy suggests.

Archived