Trentwannabe

15 hours ago, Xmad said:

Meh I'll be impressed when they suceed.

What is your definition of success? 

62-35 (.639) record
Playoff berth 5 of 6 seasons
3 straight Division titles
4-5 (.444) Playoff record

Seems pretty successful to me. A Super Bowl is not the only measure of success. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cp0k2 said:

62-35 (.639) record

I’m sure you would have traded 5 of those seasons for a chip. At one point you start questioning if this regime can get it done. You see what’s going on with Diggs acting like a diva… Sure winning is ok. But you eventually need a chip otherwise you are forgotten in history.. No one’s going to look back and say those Bills teams were championship teams. Also, IIRC they’ve been heavily favored to win the last 2 chips.. GB would easily trade the last 5 years for a chip. SF and so on. What did winning those games win them? Heartbreak? Hope? It gets old.. The super positive is that this Bills window is still wide open.. But IMO they are way behind KC and Cincy.. Those are the big dawgs. So realistically how many more years before that window shuts? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

But IMO they are way behind KC and Cincy.. Those are the big dawgs. So realistically how many more years before that window shuts? 

Every team is behind KC, let's be real. Why is Cincy way ahead, because they made a SB? Beat them last year? Bills have had 5 years of success, Bengals 2. It's not thier fault Mahomes is in thier conference. 

Thier window is as open as it is for any team with a viable top 5 QB. Until that changes, they are among the favorites. Injuries will derail any season, they had thier fair share last year.

Bills are a top 5 team period, regardless of Conferences. You can argue the order all you want but healthy, they have just as good a chance to win it all as every other top 5 team on that list. Including the two you claim are way ahead. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Every team is behind KC, let's be real. Why is Cincy way ahead, because they made a SB? Beat them last year? Bills have had 5 years of success, Bengals 2. It's not thier fault Mahomes is in thier conference. 

Thier window is as open as it is for any team with a viable top 5 QB. Until that changes, they are among the favorites. Injuries will derail any season, they had thier fair share last year.

Bills are a top 5 team period, regardless of Conferences. You can argue the order all you want but healthy, they have just as good a chance to win it all as every other top 5 team on that list. Including the two you claim are way ahead. 

I can agree with this outside of having as a good of a chance as KC. Lol.

I’m a big Beane fan. I’ve been critical at times of McDermott, mainly because he’s a defensive guy and that’s what seems to let us down when it matters most. He’s a great leader, but i really need to see some defensive changes. He’s calling plays this year so TBD.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cp0k2 said:

62-35 (.639) record

Winning a weak division with no other real QBs outside of an injury prone Tua and no titles in 6 years as a head coach (granted Allen's only been elite for 3)

Makes sense, given their track record recently. Playoff success is difficult, the best way of getting it is to just get there every year, and hope things line up properly eventually. And they've absolutely done a lot right to get as far as they have.

Only thing I am honestly iffy on there though, is I have not been impressed with Beane's last few drafts. The hard part, once you're good, is continuing to cycle talent. You're going to lose guys while you're paying the top ones (Allen, Diggs, etc.) and you have to keep drafting well to stay up there. They've gone back to a few spots repeatedly to still not really get the outcome they wanted (mid-round RBs, mid to high round edge rushers.) And I feel like they've forced themselves into some free agency choices as a result (haven't really drafted any DTs so they almost had to keep Oliver, edges weren't working out so they got Miller, adding vets for depth at RB, DT, etc.) There are some guys that may still step up from 2021 and 2022, but if they don't, this could look like a bad deal in a few years. Buffalo's premium drafts were arguably 2017, 2018. Cincy's core is 2020/2021. KC had two big restock drafts in 2021/2022. Miami's 2021 draft was pretty great. 2021 for Jacksonville as well, obviously. I feel like Buffalo needs one of those really strong restock drafts if they're going to survive Morse/Poyer/Hyde/Diggs/Miller/Dawkins all kind of hitting ages where decline is at least possible, if not likely. Even White is going to be 29, I think, by season's end? Of course, they have Josh Allen, so they'll basically never be bad, it'll just be...harder.

1 minute ago, Xmad said:

Winning a weak division with no other real QBs outside of an injury prone Tua and no titles in 6 years as a head coach (granted Allen's only been elite for 3)

Same ish we always heard about the Patriots. "Oh they play in a weak Division, blah blah blah." So? They still had to go win it. And is it really a weak Division? Why don't we hear about Kansas City playing in a weak Division? Because people perceive the AFC West as being good? Chiefs first SB season Denver and Oakland both went 7-9 and San Diego went 5-11. Second SB team 8-8, 7-9, 5-11. Third SB season 10-7, 6-11, 5-12. Meanwhile the last three seasons the AFC East has had 10 and 9 win teams behind Buffalo. And no, I'm not calling the AFC West weak, I'm pointing out there's not a lot of difference between the two Divisions when one is considered "strong" and the other is considered "weak." 

I'm curious what you think Buffalo should do. Let McDermott and Beane walk and hire new people with new schemes and philosophies and waste a couple of years of Josh Allen's prime just to change for the sake of change? Hell, if coaches should be fired after 6 years of no titles the Chiefs should have fired Andy Reid in 2018.