2024 NBA Draft Discussion: Hawks, Wizards, Rockets and Spurs are 1-4.

Texansfan713

My blazers will take a guard/forward.......and add it to all the other similar players they have on the team...

or......

they'll take a center who immediately gets injured, or a power forward project with measurables over production. 

On 6/23/2024 at 10:57 AM, catcheryea said:

i don't think i've come across a single big board on twitter that doesn't have holland 1-3, collier in the top 10, and castle like 26

seriously i don't get it. these are two that i've seen today. i promise you there's nothing collier did that castle couldn't have done if his team didn't care about winning games

Sarr is so obviously a bust. I don’t get why he’s getting any attention at all. He’s not good. He couldn’t even start in the Australian league. He couldn’t finish inside against Aussy league talent. Hes gonna get roasted in the nba. 

2 hours ago, catcheryea said:

seriously i don't get it. these are two that i've seen today. i promise you there's nothing collier did that castle couldn't have done if his team didn't care about winning games

Had to check and see if the year was correct. More likely they WANTED those guys to be better prospects than they are because they were viewed as the prototypical lottery talents a year ago and they're superlative athletes. Josh Selby vibes or Brandon Boston vibes!

Tbh, unless you started out as a nobody and made a name for yourself in the G-League like Dyson Daniels, I wouldn't touch Igniters or Eliters. Too many of these guys avoid the college route because they'll get exposed on national television against better competition. A guy like Scoot was so bad last year that I refuse to believe he'd go #3 had he went to college.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

18 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Honest Question: how different of a prospect is Eden compared to Yao? Would Yao even go into the lottery today?

Yao was so much better than Edey. Yao goes #1 without even a thought in this draft. 

12 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Yao was so much better than Edey. Yao goes #1 without even a thought in this draft. 

Ok so Yao had better shooting touch and probably would have been a solid 3 point shooter and playmaker.

But he wasn't a great rim protector and even at a lighter weight for this era he would've struggled just like Edey to defend in space. I don't think he tested that much better than Edey athletically, and I think Edey is a bit tougher and a better rebounder.

TBH, Yao seems like he would've been better if he were 5 inches shorter. I still don't understand how the CBA produced a behemoth with that level of offensive polish in 2001.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

Two of my formative NBA draft memories were praying that the Knicks take Marcus Williams from UConn in 2006 (we got Renaldo Balkman instead, who was at least a meme) and Chris Singleton in 2011. Mind you, it was so unusual for the Knicks to even have draft picks that I didn't understand most high-profile college guys who go mid-1st will end up sucking, so don't get too caught up in a single player.

Edited by redsoxsuck05