Who will win the NFC North in 2023?

notthatbluestuff

Who will win the NFC North in 2023?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NFC North in 2023?

• Chicago Bears
    • Detroit Lions
    • Green Bay Packers
    • Minnesota Vikings

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2023 at 11:00 PM

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:
4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don’t think you understand the power dynamic here, @viking.

I ask you to stop. So… you’re going to stop.

You’re more than welcome to take your business elsewhere. 

Last time. 

Lions.

27 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Lions.

Ultimately, I think the Lions have a diverse passing attack led by a QB we all gave up on in Jared Goff. You got Amon Ra in the slot, you have Jahmyr Gibbs as a satellite RB, it’s a solid offense that can go. Defensively, you have an ascending Aiden Hutchinson and a secondary that should have some parts that can make plays. All in all - I think the Lions have the best coaching staff of the division, which is where the difference comes from. Dan Campbell isn’t an Xs and Os guy, but he gets this guts playing above their pay grade - that’s a valuable trait that can carry a team.

This all goes out the window if Jordan Love took to his time on the bench to improve - but he had a lot to improve on, so I don’t know if this is really a thing to worry about. 

• Like 1

To be fair, there's a lot of new stuff for the Lions to get working together right out of the box. But the established part, that will continue to be good, are the offensive line and the passing game. I think that they're an above .500 team even if significant things go wrong.

To say you have no faith in Goff, well, I don't take it for granted he'll be a top-5 QB but he's done enough and shown enough improvement in Detroit to get some respect.

Edited by Superduperman

19 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I actually agree with your first portion regarding the offense. I think Mattison steps right into that role without losing a step. Just having Jefferson and Hock is enough for a decent offense but I still think there is talent across that group. The offensive line is maybe average to above average but I think it still light and if any injuries occur could quickly turn into a dumpster fire. 

My problem is I don't see any improvement on defense in fact wouldn't be surprised if they were somehow worse. Say what you want about Z the second half of the year he was probably the best defensive player in the first half of the year. Outside of Hunter where is the talent? Frankly even Hunter looks like he took a step back with the stacking injuries. Defensive line looks pretty stout IMO but no real stars there. 

You have a whole bunch of guys with little to no experience and the ones that do haven' really shown much of anything in the secondary. Blackmon, Evans, Booth have a combined 3 GS and no interceptions. None have shown a consistent ability to even be above average CBs at the NFL level. At safety you have an old Harrison Smith & Bynum/Cine who haven't shown anything great really. That secondary is at best a question mark and at worse atrocious. 

The LBs are led by Asamoah who should be at least decent but is he a star? You replaced one old breaking down LB with another going from Kendricks to Hicks and you replaced Smith with Davenport. I don't really see the upgrade there in fact wouldn't be shocked if he is worse then Z but I don't mind that replacement. 

Davenport I think can be better than people think.  If he was a UFA two years ago he is making big money.  He came in league really raw.  You watch him and he can just toss guys at times.  Things he shouldn’t be able to do,  but can.  Then he disappears for awhile.  He strikes me as a guy who will be really up and down going forward.  Like a Quinn.  I wouldn’t be shocked if he has a surprise big year (relatively speaking) in MN.  Then lays an egg following year.  

MN secondary and LBs are not scary.  Yes the vets were paid a lot and slowing down, but those were long time good football players and leaders.  A lot of knowledge and leadership just left building all at once. That isn’t nothing.  MN will need to put points on board.  

People pick Detroit because they have most talent in division.   They added a lot in last few years with all the high picks they have had.

It isn’t that hard.  

Jameson getting suspended after being hurt most of first year sucks for them though.   He is an explosive player that has to be accounted for.  

Still not a huge Goff guy.  I think talent around him makes him better rather than other way around.   

19 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Are we underrating the Vikings in this thread? I know all indications point to a drop off from last year, but have we gone too far?

If you think it’s clear cut that the Lions win the division, yeah.