Who gets the First Overall Pick?

Chiefer

• 2 months later...
On 10/5/2023 at 4:50 PM, jetjuice said:

Again, mental gymnastics. Stats don't tell the whole story and just because someone else is overpaid doesn't make Fields relatively better as a result. There's logical fallacies all over this stance of yours I don't even know where to begin.

I wouldn't even offer a 4th tbh, I don't want Fields on my team if I'm a GM. You can go ahead and take the Panthers approach and wind up mortgaging your future for a #1 overall pick two years laters. Just because a team might offer a day 2 pick for Fields doesn't make it a smart investment. We see regimes lose their jobs over poor decisions every year. Also, Fields needs to have his option picked up or declined by next offseason. That team control you speak of is not as much as you're making it out to be.

I am not going to care about this enough to @ you next offseason. 

Sorry couldn't help myself. What were you saying about trading a 2nd for Fields again?

• Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 1:09 PM, ET80 said:

You're clearly missing nuance, so let's get to brass tax - sig bet:

- If Justin Fields is traded for anything higher than a 4th, I'll wear a sig of your choice for a duration of your choosing.

- If Justin Fields is traded for a 4th or lower, you will wear a sig of my choice for a month.

- If Justin Fields plays out his contract and is not traded, you wear the sig and avvy of my choice for the duration I choose.

My actual belief in what will happen is that Fields will not have his 5th year option picked up, will not be extended and will allow to hit free agency. Nobody will see him as worth securing via trade. 

Feel free to add stipulations as you see fit.

On 10/6/2023 at 1:19 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

I wouldn't rule out the idea of Fields playing out his contract in Chicago, mostly because if he shows well enough this year, the Bears could be inclined to once again stack their roster with guys like Marvin Harrison & Olu Fashanu, give Fields ONE LAST YEAR to truly make that leap, and if he doesn't, you're picking top 5 again. 

Again, this assume they aren't in a position to draft Caleb Williams. You don't pass on Caleb. If they draft Caleb or Maye or Penix, I'd be very surprised to see Fields not get traded. 

Long story short, you have a deal my good man. Always fun debating. 

@SaveOurSonics - I've come to collect the debt you now owe to me! Traded for a 2025 6th round pick, with escalators to move it to a 2025th 4th! Not even a 2024 pick!

b2ee0ea6-831c-4670-8b40-3af6b154e31f_tex

I NEED A SIG MAKER WITH NO MORALS!

• Like 2