Who will win the NFC South in 2023?

notthatbluestuff

Who will win the NFC South in 2023?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NFC South in 2023?

• Atlanta Falcons
    • Carolina Panthers
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2023 at 11:00 PM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2HbX2Swi9flWvoAf8VKX

ez

just kidding

honestly no idea who wins

Ridder imo is awful

I'm not believer in Bryce

Carr is fine, but I dont want to just give it to the Aints just because of him

and as for Tampa, I'm optimistic about Dave Canales as OC but thats a low standard due to Byron "I'm the worst god damn OC of all time" LefTrash

I say they all finish 7-10 and someone wins on division tie breakers

who that is , i still have no idea 

10 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I wouldn't be mad, I have a few London dynasty shares haha

If Ridder makes a leap forward this year, I'd say Atlanta wins the Division

I think Ridder will. 

I also think the Falcons defense takes a massive leap forward from bottom 5 in the league to top 15. With 7 replaced starters from the 2022 defense that isn't unrealistic either. Keeping only Jarrett, Terrell, Grant, and Lorenzo Carter in their starting roles while adding Onyemata, Calais Campbell, Kaden Elliss, Jessie Bates, Jeff Okudah and promoting guys like Ebiketie and Andersen to starting roles, this should be a much different defense in 2023.

Surprise pick, but I think Carolina wins it. I've got no faith in Dennis Allen as head coach of the Saints, nor do I have faith in Todd Bowles, and they don't even have a QB in TB. Similarly, I don't think you can actually win in the NFL the way Atlanta is trying to. That's an uphill battle. Carolina is young, but that defense actually looks pretty good and Young should play well right out of the gate. I think the Saints are the best team on paper though.

25 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

. Similarly, I don't think you can actually win in the NFL the way Atlanta is trying to.

Good running game and defense with play-action passing and trying to have studs to get the ball?

Doesn't SF win this way?

11 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Good running game and defense with play-action passing and trying to have studs to get the ball?

Doesn't SF win this way?

There's no way you are seriously comparing the Falcons to the 49ers. The Falcons are much closer to the Bears than they are the 49ers. Falcons were 31st in pass attempts per game last year with 24 and had a 61.9% completion percentage and 172 passing yards per game. The Bears had 22, 59.2%, and 153. The 49ers had 30, 66%, and 238.

And if you want to compare defenses, the difference is even more stark. The 49ers were 1st in defensive DVOA last year. The Falcons were 30th.

Edited by minutemancl

24 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

There's no way you are seriously comparing the Falcons to the 49ers. The Falcons are much closer to the Bears than they are the 49ers. Falcons were 31st in pass attempts per game last year with 24 and had a 61.9% completion percentage and 172 passing yards per game. The Bears had 22, 59.2%, and 153. The 49ers had 30, 66%, and 238.

And if you want to compare defenses, the difference is even more stark. The 49ers were 1st in defensive DVOA last year. The Falcons were 30th.

The Falcons have replaced at least 7 starters from last year's defense from replacement level minimum contracts to actually decent players and completely changed coordinators. Goal is to actually have a decent one now that they don't have $80M in dead cap. 

I'm comparing what Atlanta is trying to do. The offense this year won't be as run heavy as it was last year. They'll pass more. Part of why they didn't pass more is Mariota kept making mistakes and having the ball taken from his hands.

First 13 games - 58% run, 42% pass

Last 4 games - 54% run to 46% pass, in the first 4 games of Ridder's career. Goal is to be closer to 50-50. And that's likely what they will be at by the end of this year.

Note: Ridder averaged 29 passes per game in 2022. Extrapolate that out, and it's 500 passes that he'd throw in 2023. 

SF threw the ball... 512 times last year... And ran it 504 times. Sooo, that's the goal. 

What Atlanta is trying to do is be a power version of SF. That's what the goal is. Not what you think their goal is.

Edited by scar988

15 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

But Desmond Ridder has the potential to be the greatest of all time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scar988 said:

The Falcons have replaced at least 7 starters from last year's defense from replacement level minimum contracts to actually decent players and completely changed coordinators. Goal is to actually have a decent one now that they don't have $80M in dead cap. 

I'm comparing what Atlanta is trying to do. The offense this year won't be as run heavy as it was last year. They'll pass more. Part of why they didn't pass more is Mariota kept making mistakes and having the ball taken from his hands.

First 13 games - 58% run, 42% pass

Last 4 games - 54% run to 46% pass, in the first 4 games of Ridder's career. Goal is to be closer to 50-50. And that's likely what they will be at by the end of this year.

What Atlanta is trying to do is be a power version of SF. That's what the goal is. Not what you think their goal is.

This is Ace level posting. "When things change, they get better". And not just better apparently, but on par with one of the best teams in the NFL because that is their 'goal'.

7 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

This is Ace level posting. "When things change, they get better". And not just better apparently, but on par with one of the best teams in the NFL because that is their 'goal'.

When you replace replacement level guys like Abdullah Anderson and Timmy Horne with guys who have proven they can be good like Calais Campbell and DAvid Onyemata in the front, that helps the team. 

When you replace replacement level guys like Mykal Walker and Rashaan Evans at ILB with Kaden Elliss and a 2nd round pick who fits everything you want, you should get better.

When you replace Cornell Armstrong who is a PS level player with Jeff Okudah, who has potential to be great, the spot should get better.

When you replace Jaylinn Hawkins with Jessie Bates, that makes the defense better.

When you combine all of those moves, bringing the defense from bottom 5 (you say 30th last year, I tend to agree with that ranking) to around 15th isn't a crazy thought process. 

I didn't say they were on par with the 49ers, that's you trying to put words in my mouth. 

I said the goal is to be like the 49ers and win the same kinds of ways. 

Your exact words were: 

I don't think you can actually win in the NFL the way Atlanta is trying to.

I explained that Atlanta is trying to do what SF is doing and win the same kinds of ways. It's really not a stretch to point out that they are trying to *Stylistically* be a similar team.

Edited by scar988

You basically said, "What Atlanta is trying to do doesn't work in the NFL." I said, "Atlanta is just tryign to be like SF" and now you're trying to say that I'm saying that theyre as good as SF. I never said that. Not anywhere close.