Who will win the NFC South in 2023?

notthatbluestuff

Who will win the NFC South in 2023?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NFC South in 2023?

• Atlanta Falcons
    • Carolina Panthers
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2023 at 11:00 PM

Would be a bit surprised if the Saints didn't win the NFC South this season. The Bucs roster is brutal with no QB. The Panthers offense has a long way to go with a Rookie QB. The Falcons have some talented skill players, but no QB. The Saints have a ton of talent on both sides of the ball with the best roster at this point with an above average QB, which in this division is sadly the best QB. The state of QB's in the NFC is just brutal right now. It's wild to me that Derek Carr could potentially be a top 3 NFC QB this season.

9 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Would be a bit surprised if the Saints didn't win the NFC South this season. The Bucs roster is brutal with no QB. The Panthers offense has a long way to go with a Rookie QB. The Falcons have some talented skill players, but no QB. The Saints have a ton of talent on both sides of the ball with the best roster at this point with an above average QB, which in this division is sadly the best QB. The state of QB's in the NFC is just brutal right now. It's wild to me that Derek Carr could potentially be a top 3 NFC QB this season.

I’m with you on no QB - but brutal? 

The receiving corps + second year Otten is still good. The DL and LBing group is good. The secondary is solid. OL is suspect I suppose, with just Wirfs. And RB isn’t great. 

On 8/2/2023 at 10:18 PM, Soko said:

I’m with you on no QB - but brutal? 

The receiving corps + second year Otten is still good. The DL and LBing group is good. The secondary is solid. OL is suspect I suppose, with just Wirfs. And RB isn’t great. 

Personally to me the roster is still pretty decent. It's the coaching that concerns me with even thinking about betting on this Bucs team. Bad coaching plus Mayfield as their starter yeah. 

1 hour ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Personally to me the roster is still pretty decent. It's the coaching that concerns me with even thinking about betting on this Bucs team. Bad coaching plus Mayfield as their starter yeah. 

Buccs offensive depth is bad. OL is bad/unproven. RBs are meh. QB is bad/hoping for redemption.

Buccs defensive depth is bad. DL is solid. EDGEs are injured/unproven. ILBs are fantastic. CBs are good. S are good. 

Coaching is bad.

I think they're a long way away from a division title.

I'm still disappointed JAX-TB won't be a showdown of Lawrence and Brady. The latter would have joined a very exclusive club. While many players played past age 40, only a miniscule fraction of them played at 46 or older - which is closer to 60 than 30.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, General Tso said:

Heinecke appears to be starting from now on.

Are the Falcons actually the betting favorite? They seem to have the best offensive talent. But they still need to utilize them. NO has the best defensive DVOA.

Falcons are about league average in defensive DVOA though. They did lose Grady Jarrett. That’s gonna be tough to replace.