Who will win the NFC South in 2023?

notthatbluestuff

Who will win the NFC South in 2023?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NFC South in 2023?

• Atlanta Falcons
    • Carolina Panthers
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2023 at 11:00 PM

New faces or mostly new faces abound in the South; Derek Carr in New Orleans, Bryce Young and Frank Reich in Carolina, a Baker/Trask tandem in Tampa, and Desmond Ridder heading into the season as Atlanta's undisputed #1 with Bijan in the backfield. Does this division have some surprising spark in it or will it be a turgid push through the muds of mediocrity for all involved? More importantly, which team takes the division crown?

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

I think the saints have the best roster and QB  but the worst coach. Dennis Allen is terrible 

This. If the Saints had even an average head coach, I say they pretty easily win it. They still definitely could, but Allen or Bowles is the worst HC in the division.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

I think the saints have the best roster and QB  but the worst coach. Dennis Allen is terrible 

Can we really say that Dennis Allen is worse than Todd Bowles? Perhaps, I dunno. I just know that Tampa Bay has a worse roster outside of WR, and the difference between Bowles and Allen is nominal - both are below average HCs.

There’s experience at QB and a REALLY good defense in place in NO, which is more than I can say anywhere else in-division. I’m not expecting a great season, but I see this as the best of a bad group…

• Like 1

I think the Saints are the easy pick here.  I am more sure that they win this division than I am that the Chiefs win the AFCW.  I think this is the Saints in a cake walk.  Now, are they going to do anything in the playoffs? I don't know.  I do think Philly and Dallas are better than them, and so is SF, if they get anything resembling QB play.  

17 hours ago, ET80 said:

Can we really say that Dennis Allen is worse than Todd Bowles? Perhaps, I dunno. I just know that Tampa Bay has a worse roster outside of WR, and the difference between Bowles and Allen is nominal - both are below average HCs.

There’s experience at QB and a REALLY good defense in place in NO, which is more than I can say anywhere else in-division. I’m not expecting a great season, but I see this as the best of a bad group…

Dennis Allen also has one of the worst DCs in the NFL that he intentionally hired and lost Ryan Nielsen and Kris Richard this offseason. Also, that defense lost multiple key starters from last year, especially on the defensive line. I think the Saints take a step back.

On 7/9/2023 at 10:57 AM, notthatbluestuff said:

New faces or mostly new faces abound in the South; Derek Carr in New Orleans, Bryce Young and Frank Reich in Carolina, a Baker/Trask tandem in Tampa, and Desmond Ridder heading into the season as Atlanta's undisputed #1 with Bijan in the backfield. Does this division have some surprising spark in it or will it be a turgid push through the muds of mediocrity for all involved? More importantly, which team takes the division crown?

I'm definitely biased here. But I think the Falcons win the division at 10-7 or 11-6. Arthur Smith took a roster with 80M in dead cap last year and $20M on IR to 7-10 when it was easily a 2-15 roster. He's a good coach and gets the most out of his players. I think the Falcons with Ridder will be better because he doesn't have to be Mahomes in this offense to win. He can be an average QB like Ryan Tannehill and be more of a point guard than a true drop back QB and be fine. His job is just to get the ball to his playmakers in Pitts, London and Robinson. The defense should be much better too after adding Onyemata, Campbell, Elliss and Bates to the starters. The feel and excitement around the team is very similar to 2008. Just feels like a new beginning. They took the lumps in the rebuild, and it's time to compete.

• 4 weeks later...