DeAndre Hopkins to Tennessee (2 years, $32M)

Ty21

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This guy could've gone anywhere he wanted, and he was pretty adamant about wanting to compete for a Superbowl, but chose Tennessee instead...

The math ain't mathin.

xrd-exrd.gif

There’s your Pythagoras theorem.

• Like 3

I actually like Burks. The potential’s there, although calling his rookie season anything else but disappointing is probably a stretch. 

Not sure his potential is reached in Tennessee, though. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

"Stable management" is questionable as well at this point in TEN. So basically a strong defense lol

Agree on the first, hard disagree on the second. Tennessee’s defense should be significantly better than last year with Landry in it, and it was a good one last year.

10 hours ago, Jeezla said:

What's the word on Treylon heading into camp? I know he supposedly had some conditioning issues too, and my biggest pet peeve about him headed into the draft was that he looked like he never went to the gym and lifted weights. Has he finally started to take his body seriously and started looking more jacked or at least more cut?

Everything about Burks was that he showed up to camp in way, way better shape. Like that was the only storyline about him.

I think he looked fine in his roomie year. Everyone knows box score scouting is not an effective way to actually evaluate talent, and Tennessee’s offense last season was awful. He was a rookie, injured a couple of times, and on one of the worst coordinated, lowest passing percentage offenses in the league.

I will be shocked if he doesn’t make a big leap this season. Everything you could see out of him last year suggested it. But that said, how big a jump he’ll make is still a question. Will he be a true No. 1, or will he be more like Corey Davis was for us?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

So did Jalen Reagor and many other busts.

And he might, but I'm certainly not going to jump to make that decision based on his rookie stats. We all know the circumstances of last year and the offense he was in. To point to his season log as a lone indicator of his future outlook is underestimating to his ability/potential.

Like I said, not worried about Burks. I think he'll be a good player.

Edited by SmittyBacall

48 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Rookie struggles his first year so hes gotta be a bust right? Its the only explanation.

Kneejerks and overreactions are what this place is all about...

wDyBg1D.gif

• Like 4