2023 MLB trade deadline thread

kgarrett12486

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

I hope they did.

They got Gilbert and Clifford back.  

Yeah, I didn't see the Clifford addition when I posted.  They absolutely are paying his salary.  Verlander hasn't been all that great this year to command something like that, otherwise.

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

Yeah, I didn't see the Clifford addition when I posted.  They absolutely are paying his salary.  Verlander hasn't been all that great this year to command something like that, otherwise.

He is back with familiar territory.  He will pitch better watch lol

6 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

It's worth it when you are going all in for another ring. 

I get it and I'll never fault a team for trying. Good news is you all had a surplus of OF prospects to trade from, so there is that. It was just more than I thought and way more than anything we've seen changing hands this deadline. 

3 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Rosenthal said that Eduardo wanted to stay closer to the east coast for his family 

I am not a fan of ERod and it's safe to say that he's pretty disliked in Detroit right about now. I won't be surprised to find out that he leaked the veto prior to the deadline so he could stay in Detroit and collect checks. We absolutely should not rework his deal under current circumstances. Cut your losses and put him in the 'pen for the rest of the season.

Edited by nagahide13

4 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I am not a fan of ERod and it's safe to say that he's pretty disliked in Detroit right about now. I won't be surprised to find out that he leaked the veto prior to the deadline so he could stay in Detroit and collect checks. We absolutely should not rework his deal under current circumstances. Cut your losses and put him in the 'pen for the rest of the season.

That's a great way to alienate potential future FAs.