If Jordan Love is a superstar like Favre/Rodgers, don't the Packers deserve to America's Team?

Championshiporbust

12 minutes ago, Championshiporbust said:

Since 1992, the Green Bay Packers has been one of the best teams in sports, next to the Broncos, Yankees, 49ers, Lakers, Cowboys, Man U, Alabama football, Duke basketball, etc. 

If Love is good as Favre/Rodgers in a few years, don't the Pack have bragging rights? 

What do you mean, specifically? 

1 minute ago, Championshiporbust said:

They should be a team that free agents want to play for.....they had the two best QBs over the past 3 decades with 3 SB appearances....that's a well-run organization...

Yeah, they're a well run organization, but why would they have bragging rights over, say, the Patriots? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Yeah, they're a well run organization, but why would they have bragging rights over, say, the Patriots? 

Because outside of the Tom Brady years, the Patriots have 2 Super Bowl appearances and won 0 rings without him in the 45 other years of their franchises existence. 

If Jordan Love becomes a superstar HOF QB, Packer fans will be unquestionably the luckiest sports fans to ever walk the earth lol.

I'm 31, and since I've been born, the Packers have sustained a huge amount of success. They've only had 6 seasons with a losing record. Nearly every year they have been in, or near contention for a Superbowl. 2 HOF QBs and "only" 2 Superbowls, talk about being spoiled as a sports fan.

Having a 3rd superstar HOF QB in a row just seems absurdly optimistic, I'm somewhat confident in Loves ability, but I'm certainly not getting my hopes that far up until we see him in action these next couple of years.

With all that said I think it's safe to say Green Bay is and will be no matter what, ONE of America's teams. Along side organizations like Pittsburgh, Dallas, San Fran and New England. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Because outside of the Tom Brady years, the Patriots have 2 Super Bowl appearances and won 0 rings without him in the 45 other years of their franchises existence. 

I can't help but think of the 90s Bulls and 00s Patriots as the best comparison. Both have certainly made their stamp as the most dominant runs in sports history. 

Maybe I'm way off there but then again that's just how I feel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

I can't help but think of the 90s Bulls and 00s Patriots as the best comparison. Both have certainly made their stamp as the most dominant runs in sports history. 

You aren't wrong but think about how many people who were big time Bulls fans during the glory years really give a crap when the Bulls have a good season now that Jordan isn't there.

It's not zero but it isn't a lot either.

Edited by Mr Bad Example
  • Like 1

I mean, no.  The Cowboys are "America's Team." That is their nickname.  Just like the Bears are the "Monsters of the Midway," or the Browns are the "Mistake by the Lake."

Being the biased Packers fan that I am, I will say that Green Bay doing well is good for the league.  A town like Green Bay would never have a team in the NBA, or MLB.  Much less be able to field a competitive team.  It is part of what makes the NFL unique.  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

I always thought the comparison between the Pats and the Bulls in the NBA was perfect

• Like 1

While I don't think the Packers are poorly run or anything but two Super Bowls in 30 years? Is that impressive? 10 teams have won Super Bowls since the Packers last won with one of those teams KC winning two out of three and NE winning three out of five.