If Jordan Love is a superstar like Favre/Rodgers, don't the Packers deserve to America's Team?

Championshiporbust

7 hours ago, General Tso said:

Have you ever lived in Green Bay?

The thing I've always heard is that agents lament 2 things regarding the Packers:

- it's like pulling teeth to get FAs to consider an offer from GB

- when you have a guy who's s played in GB for a few years, you can't get them to leave

17 hours ago, 43M said:

As good as Rodgers and Favre both were in their respective primes, it only translated to two championships and 3 total SB appearances.

Mahomes has accomplished that feat already at 27 years old.

Not meant to knock Favre, Rodgers or the Packers....but team success and championships are far more important than having a string of great QBs.   

I'm not sure what year, exactly, NFL Films dubbed Dallas as "America's Team" but it came during the run of Meredith-Staubach-White, which resulted in 2 titles over about 20 yrs, so it isn't as if they were the Brady Patriots/Jordan Bulls/Jeter Yankees either.

If the Patriots don't do it with the GOAT at QB and all the rings he won, there's no way in hell GB is getting to "earn" that title because of the last 30 years.

That being said I think calling DAL "America's Team" is pretty much nothing, but still.

On 7/24/2023 at 11:49 AM, AkronsWitness said:

Because outside of the Tom Brady years, the Patriots have 2 Super Bowl appearances and won 0 rings without him in the 45 other years of their franchises existence. 

People that didn't experience what happened in those 45 years care absolutely zero over it.

It's the same in every sport. Fans, especially players, don't give a crap what team won a championship 30+ years ago. No one is going to base their decision on that

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

If the Patriots don't do it with the GOAT at QB and all the rings he won, there's no way in hell GB is getting to "earn" that title because of the last 30 years.

That being said I think calling DAL "America's Team" is pretty much nothing, but still.

I suspect what NE did with Brady and company will never be repeated in the NFL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Dallas was only “America’s Team” because they had the most bandwagon fans.

So NE for the last couple decades, and KC now. If we’re using the same criteria.

Only in Dallas would they declare themselves "America's Team".   Normally you get a nickname from others and not yourselves.

44 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

People that didn't experience what happened in those 45 years care absolutely zero over it.

It's the same in every sport. Fans, especially players, don't give a crap what team won a championship 30+ years ago. No one is going to base their decision on that

The players may not give a darn about what happened before but many fans do.  

54 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I suspect what NE did with Brady and company will never be repeated in the NFL.

100%. That was something that annoyed the hell out me (admitted jealousy) but it is something that was definitely cool to see from the perspective of a sports fan. Even with Mahomes being as ridiculous as he is I just can't see him topping Brady's and NE's dominance.

5 hours ago, Sugashane said:

100%. That was something that annoyed the hell out me (admitted jealousy) but it is something that was definitely cool to see from the perspective of a sports fan. Even with Mahomes being as ridiculous as he is I just can't see him topping Brady's and NE's dominance.

I wouldn't put it past him (Mahomes), though, either.

We are going to see quickly.  With all these new QB contracts, let's just see when Patrick wants his.  If he continues making less so the team can have more, then he and KC could reach NE's dominance.

He's already done it without Hill at WR.  Sooner or later he's gonna have to do it with Kelce.  It will be tough, but at this point and time, I'm leery of betting against Mahomes.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

The thing I've always heard is that agents lament 2 things regarding the Packers:

- it's like pulling teeth to get FAs to consider an offer from GB

- when you have a guy [who's] played in GB for a few years, you can't get them to leave

I would imagine there's not a lot of night/social life in Green Bay. A 4H fair on a Saturday morning isn't going to cut it. On the point of players growing to like it there, you would think that word would get around among the players that being in GB is a good experience.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I wouldn't put it past him (Mahomes), though, either.

We are going to see quickly.  With all these new QB contracts, let's just see when Patrick wants his.  If he continues making less so the team can have more, then he and KC could reach NE's dominance.

He's already done it without Hill at WR.  Sooner or later he's gonna have to do it with Kelce.  It will be tough, but at this point and time, I'm leery of betting against Mahomes.

Valid point, and I won't outright say he can't. I highly doubt it just because that level of consistent is a unicorn. I won't put money down either way.

But the odds of that kind of ridiculous career are incredibly slim. If someone does it though, it will be Mahomes.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 12:45 PM, notthatbluestuff said:

What if Kenny Pickett develops into a HOF-level elite QB and helps add to Pittsburgh's current number of six championships? Wouldn't the Steelers have "bragging rights?

I’d say it’s more likely Kenny Pickett becomes a HOF-elite QB before Jordan Love does, tbh.

• Like 2