Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?

AkronsWitness

1 minute ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Have you watched the Ravens this year? Nobody hates Lamar more than me, but he was undisputedly awesome. Lamar was the MVP for sure. He didn’t shatter any crazy records, but he was far and away the best player during the regular season. 

I thought it should've went to Josh Allen or McCaffrey, but even if you do give it to him, having him one vote shy of it being unanimous is crazy. He didn't have a "runaway MVP" year.

Just now, BroncoSojia said:

I thought it should've went to Josh Allen or McCaffrey, but even if you do give it to him, having him one vote shy of it being unanimous is crazy. He didn't have a "runaway MVP" year.

What did Josh Allen do that made him better than Lamar? I could see an argument for CMC, but his team is absurdly stacked on both sides of the ball & is a RB. As far as VALUE is concerned, Lamar >>>>> any RB. 

2 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

What did Josh Allen do that made him better than Lamar? I could see an argument for CMC, but his team is absurdly stacked on both sides of the ball & is a RB. As far as VALUE is concerned, Lamar >>>>> any RB. 

I thought Allen was the more valuable player, although he admittedly tailed off near the end of the season. I think my opinion comes down to Lamar's season not being as impressive as MVP seasons have been in the past. Hell, his 2019 season (which was very impressive) dwarfs this season by quite a bit.

3 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I wouldn’t have voted for him, but Josh has a reasonable case. Responsible for more yards, much more TDs, debatably less talent around (not debatable if we’re including defensive help).

Now the turnovers and efficiency have me lean Lamar, but for the “he was more valuable to his team” crowd, Allen did have an argument to be made. 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 10:07 PM, Jeezla said:

Dak

I agree.

Ill just say until further notice I think Herbert is overrated. He is a talented QB that many people has as a top 5 QB. Yet the Chargers sure lose alot of close games. If you have a top 5-10 QB your team should be winning more close games than they lose bc your QB should be capable of snatching a win from the jaws of defeat. Thats what great QBs do. Why do you think Stafford has so many 4th quarter/OT comeback wins? Bc if his team is within reach of a win he will put together a drive or two and win the game. I need to see Herbert do that more consistently if the team isnt good enough to just dominate more times than not.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Ill just say until further notice I think Herbert is overrated. He is a talented QB that many people has as a top 5 QB. Yet the Chargers sure lose alot of close games. If you have a top 5-10 QB your team should be winning more close games than they lose bc your QB should be capable of snatching a win from the jaws of defeat. Thats what great QBs do. Why do you think Stafford has so many 4th quarter/OT comeback wins? Bc if his team is within reach of a win he will put together a drive or two and win the game. I need to see Herbert do that more consistently if the team isnt good enough to just dominate more times than not.

why-would-you-say-something-so-controversial-yet-so-brave.gif

9 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I agree.

I dont really get that.

Herbert has 11 4th quarter comebacks and 14 game winning drives in his 4 years, compared to Stafford's 8 4th quarter comebacks and 9 game winning drives through 4 years. I mean of course Stafford has way more in total, he has 200+ starts under his belt, but he's lost a TON of one score games.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I dont really get that.

Herbert has 11 4th quarter comebacks and 14 game winning drives in his 4 years, compared to Stafford's 8 4th quarter comebacks and 9 game winning drives through 4 years. I mean of course Stafford has way more in total, he has 200+ starts under his belt, but he's lost a TON of one score games.

Herbert to me is an amazing talent held back by an awesome talent on paper that never seems to work. I’ve seen a ton of chargers games and on the contrary he’s the only one balling out. Everyone’s always hurt and my man is out there with a broken hand slinging that thing. Put Herbert in Purdys situation and we might have a Mahomes like run. Herbert is a facccing animal bro. Also, his coaching was so bad. Despite all that Herbert talent is so unreal it shines through all the darkness. He’s a killer tbh. Herbert is really him. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Herbert to me is an amazing talent held back by an awesome talent on paper that never seems to work. I’ve seen a ton of chargers games and on the contrary he’s the only one balling out. Everyone’s always hurt and my man is out there with a broken hand slinging that thing. Put Herbert in Purdys situation and we might have a Mahomes like run. Herbert is a facccing animal bro. Also, his coaching was so bad. Despite all that Herbert talent is so unreal it shines through all the darkness. He’s a killer tbh. Herbert is really him. 

I agree. I saw someone post on a thread "if the Chargers offered Herbert straight up for 1.1 would you make that trade?"

In a crackhead heartbeat. **** yes I would. If Lawrence or Luck was in the draft I'd still take that trade and not hesitate.

Herbert with Moore, Kmet, and whoever I'd draft at 1.9? Moore has been an absolute stud with trash QBs already, his stats with a stud like Herbert?

• Like 3