Breakout Star 🌟

Scoundrel

On 8/5/2023 at 11:40 PM, Jakuvious said:

Skyy Moore. Rashee Rice and Justyn Ross are getting a lot of the flashy camp highlights, but Moore is getting basically all of the first team snaps, and from a skillset and experience perspective is definitely the most likely guy to take over outside now that JuJu is gone.

Well, and hasn't Reid been on record as saying that his offense is not one that players tend to completely digest in year 1 and thus rookies don't have a ton of impact in it?Β  Y2 is usually the breakout year for WR's to begin with, coupled with the snaps being cleared for Skyy, I think he's a prime candidate; definitely moreso than Rice this year.Β  Now watch it turn out to be Justyn Ross dropping the turd in the punchbowl.πŸ˜„

Garrett Wilson is a obvious choice, he was really good last season but this season I think he emerges as one of the elite WRs in the game. He is so smooth and twitchy, has great hands, and now has a great QB throwing to him.Β 

Β 

But on defense I am going Jermaine Johnson. He looks like a different player, he is back to wearing #11 and looks like a complete DE now.Β  He looked absolutely dominant in preseason and has had a great summer in camp.Β 

On 8/11/2023 at 9:49 AM, scar988 said:

How's Cominsky looking for y'all? I thought he could have been really good here in Atlanta.

He played very well for us last season. He paired nicely with Hutch and the couple games he missed in the middle of the season the DL play dropped significantly. From all reports his good play has continued through training camp. He’s a very nice depth rusher for us. I hope sticks around for a little bit.Β 

I'm intrigued by Alaric Jackson. Showed well last year before blood clots ended his season. Looks like he's on track to win the starting LT job. Started at LT at Iowa and forced Tristan Wirfs to RT. Frankly, he was too heavy at Iowa (played around 330) and didn't move well. He spent his first year in the NFL (2021) getting his body right and cleaning up technical issues. I could see him having a good year at LT. Don't know if that qualifies as a breakout star, but an undrafted guy developing into a quality LT would be a nice story.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1