What are you expecting from 2023 Aaron Rodgers in NY?

notthatbluestuff

What are you expecting from 2023 Aaron Rodgers in NY?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What are you expecting from 2023 Aaron Rodgers in NY?

• Back to bonafide elite-QB form; MVP candidate
    • Good numbers, top-10 or top-12 QB.
    • Mediocre; continues the decline suggested last season
    • Total train wreck; Rodgers is done

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2023 at 11:00 PM

28 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

The Jets are giving me "super team" vibes and not in a good way. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they finished 3rd in the division.

Before the Ramsey injury I thought they probably would, even now while I think they're the better team I still wouldn't be shocked at all.

Edited by jonnguy2015

From the reports I'm reading about how bad the Jets OL is and how they're looking in training camp, not a great/MVP season if that's the case. 

His pocket presence and quick twitch in the pocket seems to have declined with age. I remember prime Rodgers was very active in the pocket and moved around and took off with the ball if the pocket broke down. I've realized the change the past couple years but looked into it and it appears to be the case. 

If you have Rodgers back there, who is going to be staying inside the pocket alot, with a terrible OL, it's not going to be a great recipe. Especially if the Jets have to go against the Bills, Dolphins and Pats DL's 6 total times. 

Rodgers rushing averages:

• 2008 to 2019: 55 rushing attempts, 284 yards per season
  • 2020 to 2023: 35 rushing attempts, 115 yards per season

Imo he half assed it all last year as a wave of the middle finger to the Packers org. Since he seems to have a fresh battery in NY I'm expecting him to be right near the top again in terms of production. 

4500yd 40 td type of year. But I have no clue how the division will shake out. 1st-3rd are all possible.

A very good QB but not the MVP that he once was. LaFleur got/gets his share of flak, but I’ve got zero faith in Hackett. No, being a non-playcalling OC in Green Bay and one year in Jacksonville doesn’t sway me enough to look past his incompetence. 

I'd be surprised if he's straight bad.  I think he'll be similar to older QBs that have changed teams before, and have a good, but not great (by his standards) season, then plummet in 24.

Although in the AFCE, good may not be enough to even make the playoffs.  Bills will be great again, and the Dolphins might also be a top tier team.  Even the Pats won't be bad.  That plus the Chiefs, Eagles, Chargers, Giants, and Cowboys makes for a lot of potential losses.