Tyson Bagent

G08

30 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Ummm. They are both rookies and neither one has done anything by that logic. If anything Richardson has had the higher level of competition and therefore should be afforded my consideration.

Bagent looked better in preseason....  it's not much, but something... lolz ehehehe😁😂

27 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

Bagent looked better in preseason....  it's not much, but something... lolz ehehehe😁😂

Maybe. But Bagent was also play 3rd and 4th stringers. It's hard to evaluate off of preseason. No starters, and vanilla game plans. It's just not that good of a measuring stick to draw any conclusions off of.

• Like 1

It's crazy the difference between watching PJ Walker play and watching Tyson Bagent play. Walker looks confused. Bagent looks like he's in complete command of the offense, confident, and firing darts. Give me Secret Bagent Man as the backup. He's earned it, and PJ's earned not being the backup as well. 

• Like 4

My meatball take here is that not only should Bagent be outright handed QB2 job right now, he should be allowed to compete for QB1.

Fields is exciting.... as a runner.... but he hasn't shown himself to be that great of an actual passer at the NFL, YET.   He's had more than his fair share of excuses for that like garbage WR, garbage OL, playbook written in crayon for at least his first year (and I honestly don't like Getsy's O either)

Now I don't expect Bagent to actually win that job. Fields was a damn good passer in college, and blatantly has vastly superior tools behind him. That being said, I do think Fields could use the push, and a young, hungry, and talented rookie gunning for his job could be just the trick. Let iron sharpen iron, and let the better man win.  Let them push each other either we end up with a good QB, or end up with 2 good qbs and can deal one for picks (or admittedly, neither are the answer and we continue wallowing in the 30 year pit of qb misery)

6 hours ago, Epyon said:

My meatball take here is that not only should Bagent be outright handed QB2 job right now, he should be allowed to compete for QB1.

Fields is exciting.... as a runner.... but he hasn't shown himself to be that great of an actual passer at the NFL, YET.   He's had more than his fair share of excuses for that like garbage WR, garbage OL, playbook written in crayon for at least his first year (and I honestly don't like Getsy's O either)

Now I don't expect Bagent to actually win that job. Fields was a damn good passer in college, and blatantly has vastly superior tools behind him. That being said, I do think Fields could use the push, and a young, hungry, and talented rookie gunning for his job could be just the trick. Let iron sharpen iron, and let the better man win.  Let them push each other either we end up with a good QB, or end up with 2 good qbs and can deal one for picks (or admittedly, neither are the answer and we continue wallowing in the 30 year pit of qb misery)

You weren't kidding

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Epyon said:

This is a conversation for next year. I don’t think Fields needs the push since he’s been living and breathing football and working out all offseason lol. All around a bad take. Almost hope Bagent has a horrendous game at some point so people stop the dumb “let’s trade him for the dolphins entire roster” narrative. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

This thread has officially crossed over in realm of the bizarre. Our fanbase never ceases to amaze me.

You are not kidding, but I am all about it, this **** is great!  

Also I'm 99% sure Epyon is joking, and possibly other people as well.  But if not, I cannot think of a player who needs a "push" at QB1 less than Fields.  Every single bit of data we have suggests he's super motivated, and last year we literally watched him transform his game-and in doing so take an unreal beating-in order to make anything happen on offense at all. There is not one single news story, camp report, or fan intereaction to suggests he needs outside pressure. Kyler Murray this is not.  Find me a shot of him relazing on vacation and I'll show you ten of him throwing a medicine ball around for fun at home. Dude probably does 2 hrs a day of just mobility which is why he's still ambulatory after last year. 

DLL you tried to suggest all this wasn't real before... you happy now? I've been a TB Truther from day one, this **** was inevitable.  But I suggest you just go along for the ride, as a Bears' QB "controversy" will do things to your brain that even hard drugs can't.