Tyson Bagent

G08

Couldn't they just practice squad peterman,let him play hopscotch in the parking lot all day and let Bagent run the scout team?

I guess I'm just missing why the disctinction between being 2 or 3 prevents him from running the scout team for reps.

3 hours ago, Epyon said:

Couldn't they just practice squad peterman,let him play hopscotch in the parking lot all day and let Bagent run the scout team?

I guess I'm just missing why the disctinction between being 2 or 3 prevents him from running the scout team for reps.

The way I understand it QB2 for game day works the current week game plan with QB1 (with about 10% of the practice reps) because they’re always potentially a snap away from having to execute it, while QB3 runs more of what they expect to see from that week’s opponent, getting all of those reps. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

The way I understand it QB2 for game day works the current week game plan with QB1 (with about 10% of the practice reps) because they’re always potentially a snap away from having to execute it, while QB3 runs more of what they expect to see from that week’s opponent, getting all of those reps. 

Its also why many teams with younger QBs carry older vets, as they are able to help with this much more than another young guy.

So far in his tenure, Id say this may be Poles largest failure, as that could be a big part in Fields progression. (many fans would say the OL, but I think they have had a solid plan, especially this year, its just been bad Injury luck)

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Bagent is back at QB3.

This seems to go with what I was touching on a few weeks back re: developing a young QB on the bench:

On 8/27/2023 at 11:47 PM, AZBearsFan said:

Essentially in choosing Peterman they’re seemingly saying they value what he brings to Fields’ game prep over what Walker would have, because Walker has had far better on field success than Peterman has in their respective limited time on the field. Bagent gets extra practice reps as the trade off for being Sunday’s emergency QB. 

8 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Bagent is back at QB3.

I am fairly convinced that if Fields went down mid game this coaching staff would be smart enough not to throw Bagent in mid game...keep Peterman for that as he is way more experienced & knows the full playbook...

Where things would become interesting is if Fields goes down and we have a full week to prepare & gameplan for the next game...then I could see Bagent starting over Peterman. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I am fairly convinced that if Fields went down mid game this coaching staff would be smart enough not to throw Bagent in mid game...keep Peterman for that as he is way more experienced & knows the full playbook...

Where things would become interesting is if Fields goes down and we have a full week to prepare & gameplan for the next game...then I could see Bagent starting over Peterman. 

That's a pretty interesting take and if they were thinkking like that I would be pleased.  I do think there's going to come a point in the season (and it hopefully won't matter) when they make Bagent QB2 and Peterman can slide into that new reserve QB role. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2023 at 9:48 PM, dafreak said:

All those numbers are similar so that tells me the measurements were taken on a similar route.  

The pertinent question is where they told to throw fast balls or were they just throwing like they would normally for that route?  

I doubt they were throwing for speed or maxing out so these numbers are probably meaningless.

Sometimes you gun it in in traffic, but most of time you aren't throwing at full power.

If a guy is on film throwing a 70 yard bomb in air at some point then he has plenty of arm strength.

53 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

All those numbers are similar so that tells me the measurements were taken on a similar route.  

The pertinent question is where they told to throw fast balls or were they just throwing like they would normally for that route?  

I doubt they were throwing for speed or maxing out so these numbers are probably meaningless.

Sometimes you gun it in in traffic, but most of time you aren't throwing at full power.

If a guy is on film throwing a 70 yard bomb in air at some point then he has plenty of arm strength.

its literally a drill where you throw the ball to see how fast it goes

https://www.nfl.com/videos/new-drill-alert-see-which-qb-threw-fastest-pass-at-2022-nfl-scouting-combine

• Like 1