Preseason Game 3 - Seattle @ Green Bay

Leader

10 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

I very rarely actively root against a guy. Doubly so when it's a Packer. But... I really hope Cox doesn't make the team. Having to read half a dozen bad d**k jokes on here every time he makes a play just isn't worth the vig. 🤷‍♂️

I'd say you're being a bit hard on the forum.

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

No, but they can trade him.  And given the dearth of quality OL in the NFL, it wouldn't surprise me if someone would have significant interest in him.

Like a SRP? 3rd? What do you see as his value? 

I think that is dangerous given Bak's knee and Love's first year starting. They'd have to have supreme confidence in Walker stepping in, IMO. 

Edited by Old Guy

5 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It is?  Well, I read that wrong then, hahahaha.  

Ha! Looked at it again and none of his money is guaranteed, so I read it wrong! LOL! I thought when you put a tender on a player, after they sign it became guaranteed. According to OTC, none of it is guaranteed.

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Refugee said:

I mean, if he makes the roster I’m not really capable of not making Cox jokes.  He showed something today, more than I’ve seen in the other games. I won’t be upset if he makes our 53 and we can set him on a path to develop. If he doesn’t, maybe he can make the 69

I mean, you're gonna want some Cox for that 69, trust me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

n3XAvqQ.png

Would have liked to see Watson reach out to pluck this ball.

Kid has a world of talent, but needs to keep working on his hands use his gifts to his advantage.  I like how Heath attacks the ball .. would like to see more of that from Watson.   There have been three or four times this preseason where Watson could have attacked the ball better and made some big plays.  He's more finesse than he needs to be.  

13 hours ago, freefromwhatyouare said:

Yes, there is interest in several of the players on the Packers roster. That doesn't mean they are trading them.

Yosh isn't getting traded. Get over it and obsess on something else.

Obsess?  That's blowing things wildly out of proportion.  I was merely pointing out the slim possibility that the Packers could opt to move on from Njiman IF they were convinced Rasheed Walker was ready to be our swing OT.

6 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Like a SRP? 3rd? What do you see as his value? 

I think that is dangerous given Bak's knee and Love's first year starting. They'd have to have supreme confidence in Walker stepping in, IMO. 

I think his value is higher to Green Bay than it is another team, but he's certainly not off-limits in any trade discussion.  IF you think Rasheed Walker is capable as your swing OT (and that Runyan is your backup OC), a SRP would easily be enough for me to trade Njiman.  A 3rd round pick probably makes me think, but much less than that and I'm probably gonna hold onto him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Interesting idea to develop. 

He’s shown some sticky coverage, which seems paramount in the slot where you better be ready for the quick hitter. I really like the tools and we will be developing another young 37. He seems to take some chances but hopefully can limit those in risk/reward evaluation. Really wanted him to get that 6 yesterday. 

Edited by Refugee

16 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I imagine Gute would take about two seconds to agree to a Nijman trade if someone offered a RD2 pick.

In fact, he had a SRP tender this offseason, so we have confirmation of that. Nijman is a Top 20ish RT in the league, so it wouldn't be crazy if somebody offered a 3rd or something like that.