Jets WR Corey Davis retires

Forge

17 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Wilson is an absolute stud and has a great attitude, Rodgers has been extremely impressed. He'll be fine. If Wilson had any kind of competent QB play last season he would have had 1,400-1,500 yards. He gets open so easily, has great hands, and is freakishly athletic. 

So, we are agreed, then.  He'd be maybe the 4'th best WR that Rodgers has thrown to.

11 hours ago, dcat said:

LOL. You have no clue what Wilson is and how he and Rodgers will or won't click. No soph ER can be compared to future HoF players.  That much is true, but this kid is a freak.

Well, I've watched Aaron's entire career, odds are you've seen a training camp.  I know how Rodgers treats rookie WR's.  Wilson isn't a rookie, but he is a rookie when working with Rodgers, as this is year one.

I know of the physical talent that lies in Wilson.  That's easy to see.  Kid is a stud, or freak.  Or Stud Freak.  No argument from me.

But I know this...Lazard and Cobb both have the trust of Rodgers.  Even in your training camp, Cobb is telling guys that they need to be perfect or they "ain't seeing the ball".  So, Wilson's brain and football IQ had better be there right away, because if not, some of his targets are going to go to Lazard and Cobb.

Heaven help Wilson if he runs a route a half yard deep or short.  

So this is where we are at.  You tell me, because you've seen Wilson more than I have, does the kid have the brain and the work ethic to be perfect for Rodgers?

And if you feel like Wilson is going to be great with Rodgers this year, and are correct?  Wait till next year.  That's when that partnership should really be deadly.

22 hours ago, vegas492 said:

So, we are agreed, then.  He'd be maybe the 4'th best WR that Rodgers has thrown to.

Those "great" WRs you talk about did basically nothing as rookies and took years to develop, while Wilson won OROY with literal trash at QB. Adams didn't get 1,000 yards in a season until his 5th season. It helps when you have a HOF QB throwing to you. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Well, I've watched Aaron's entire career, odds are you've seen a training camp.  I know how Rodgers treats rookie WR's.  Wilson isn't a rookie, but he is a rookie when working with Rodgers, as this is year one.

I know of the physical talent that lies in Wilson.  That's easy to see.  Kid is a stud, or freak.  Or Stud Freak.  No argument from me.

But I know this...Lazard and Cobb both have the trust of Rodgers.  Even in your training camp, Cobb is telling guys that they need to be perfect or they "ain't seeing the ball".  So, Wilson's brain and football IQ had better be there right away, because if not, some of his targets are going to go to Lazard and Cobb.

So this is where we are at.  You tell me, because you've seen Wilson more than I have, does the kid have the brain and the work ethic to be perfect for Rodgers?

And if you feel like Wilson is going to be great with Rodgers this year, and are correct?  Wait till next year.  That's when that partnership should really be deadly.

And I pretty much guarantee you that Cobb wasn't talking about Wilson. Rodgers made a comment about how the difference between scrimmaging the Panthers and the Bucs, was #17 was on the field vs the Bucs and torching them. as long as Wilson stays healthy, he is going to be putting up big numbers this season. He is a true #1 WR, he is very difficult to cover because of how quick he is in and out of his breaks. 

Wilson has high football IQ, a great attitude, and high work ethic. I think he will be fine with Rodgers, Rodgers will love throwing to him. 

On 8/26/2023 at 7:39 AM, NYJets4716 said:

Those "great" WRs you talk about did basically nothing as rookies and took years to develop, while Wilson won OROY with literal trash at QB. Adams didn't get 1,000 yards in a season until his 5th season. It helps when you have a HOF QB throwing to you. 

Adams had, checks notes, Nelson and Cobb in front of him on the depth chart.  Who did Wilson have to compete with for balls again?  Oh yeah...Corey Davis.  LOL.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 7:44 AM, NYJets4716 said:

And I pretty much guarantee you that Cobb wasn't talking about Wilson. Rodgers made a comment about how the difference between scrimmaging the Panthers and the Bucs, was #17 was on the field vs the Bucs and torching them. as long as Wilson stays healthy, he is going to be putting up big numbers this season. He is a true #1 WR, he is very difficult to cover because of how quick he is in and out of his breaks. 

Wilson has high football IQ, a great attitude, and high work ethic. I think he will be fine with Rodgers, Rodgers will love throwing to him. 

Agree with all you posted.

And until he hits multiple years of 1,000 yard production, he'll still be behind the likes of Jennings, Nelson and Adams.  Maybe even Cobb, but I think he will be better than Cobb in the long run.  With Rodgers, that is.  But Cobb had that one monster year.

And until Wilson leaves his HOF QB and goes to a different team, while still getting, checks notes, 1,500 yards and 14 TD with a QB combo like Carr and Stidham, then he's clearly behind Adams.

And that is no slight to Wilson.  Adams proved last year that he's elite with or without Rodgers.

On 8/26/2023 at 10:32 PM, El Ramster said:

Michael Finley was the most overrated TE ever. Pack fans spoke of him like he was Kelce good. Dude was a glorified Cook at TE. 

debate me. But what a massive bust that guy was. The pick we traded for Goff. 

You talking about Jermichael Finley?  I don't feel any Packer fans would put him in the Kelce category.  He was coming on nicely prior to blowing his knee out, but we never saw him healthy and in his prime for any real extended time period.

I think his upside was better than Cook, had he remained healthy, but post injury, he was a clear couple tiers below Cook.

On 8/25/2023 at 9:52 AM, vegas492 said:

Wilson will better than Davante Adams. And I never make bold predictions like that.  Never.  He's unique.  I'm 65 and have been a die hard NFL fan since 1967.  Wilson is the most talented WR ever selected/acquired by the NY Jets.  Athletically leaps and bounds over Maynard, Wesley Walker, most certainly Keyshawn Johnson, all of whom I watched intensley.  Hopefully he won't get ruined by concussions the way Al Toon did.  And this kid is an athletic freak of nature.  How he contorts his body to make catches is unreal.  Look at his production in his rookie season with arguably the most inaccurate QB in the league.  I went to several of the open practices including the joint practice with Tampa.  Rodgers and Wilson are tight, my friend.

Talk to me after the season.  Praying for no injuries.  Wilson's frame isn't that big.