Jets WR Corey Davis retires

Forge

39 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Was so convinced when Corey Davis was coming into the league that he would have been a stud. Was even more excited when the Titans drafted him. Should have drafted Mahomes. Womp womp. 

In retrospect, Mahomes ended up the better pick 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Did I imagine Davante Adams?

I thought I was the only one who caught this, lol. 

Even calling him already better than a prime Jordy Nelson or prime Greg Jennings is sort of…out there.

• Like 11

Felt a lot better about Lazard as a WR3, Hardman a gadget / WR4 type. And, as much as I love Wilson, his frame worries me.

If Wilson goes down it's arguably the worst group in the league. They need to make a move, but not sure that's happening at this point.

17 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

And the fact that Garrett Wilson is the best WR he's ever really had. I think he has a fine set of guys to work with. The problem isn't what he's surrounded with--it's that he is no longer the megastar that he was in Green Bay. He's very good, but I don't think we're going to see anything beyond "very good" from him. His days of being amazing are probably behind us, if we're just being real.

Will the surrounding talent be enough? Time will tell, but I think they're good enough to be a playoff team that wins some games. That said, in a loaded AFC, some loaded teams are gonna be watching from home.

Jordy Nelson? Davante Adams?

17 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

And the fact that Garrett Wilson is the best WR he's ever really had. I think he has a fine set of guys to work with. The problem isn't what he's surrounded with--it's that he is no longer the megastar that he was in Green Bay. He's very good, but I don't think we're going to see anything beyond "very good" from him. His days of being amazing are probably behind us, if we're just being real.

Will the surrounding talent be enough? Time will tell, but I think they're good enough to be a playoff team that wins some games. That said, in a loaded AFC, some loaded teams are gonna be watching from home.

LOL.  It isn't even close.   Adams.  Nelson.  Jennings.  Driver.  Cobb.

GREEN BAY PACKERS AARON RODGERS 2011 SPORTS ILLUSTRATED MANNY PACQUIAO CARDINALS - Picture 1 of 1

Best images of new Raiders WR Davante Adams

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Adams. As of now, Jordy Nelson. As of long-term? I think Wilson will be way more successful than Jordy, who was awesome.

If my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle.

That's your argument.  You can think all you want, but Wilson, right now, is clearly well below Adams, Nelson, Driver, Jennings and Cobb.

And he'll probably remain there as Rodgers won't play long enough with him to put up nearly the stats as he did with others.

But, we can look at best two years back to back and see how Wilson rates.

Personally?  All Wilson has to do is be a little off on a few routes and he won't see the ball for 3 weeks.  That's how Rodgers is, and that's why you have Lazard and Cobb on the team, to give him comfortable targets.  

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

That's your argument.  You can think all you want, but Wilson, right now, is clearly well below Adams, Nelson, Driver, Jennings and Cobb.

And he'll probably remain there as Rodgers won't play long enough with him to put up nearly the stats as he did with others.

Personally?  All Wilson has to do is be a little off on a few routes and he won't see the ball for 3 weeks.  That's how Rodgers is, and that's why you have Lazard and Cobb on the team, to give him comfortable targets.  

Wilson is an absolute stud and has a great attitude, Rodgers has been extremely impressed. He'll be fine. If Wilson had any kind of competent QB play last season he would have had 1,400-1,500 yards. He gets open so easily, has great hands, and is freakishly athletic. 

8 hours ago, vegas492 said:

LOL. You have no clue what Wilson is and how he and Rodgers will or won't click. No soph ER can be compared to future HoF players.  That much is true, but this kid is a freak.