Other Teams' Cuts

Packerraymond

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

I was thinking Giants assumed a fairly high contract figure given he was a 1st rnd pick - but spotrac has the Giants on the hook for only $1mil.  Now I love that trade for NYG

I think he was a second round pick. Also, a great deal of rookie deals are in SB, so not that much. 

Weird part of this trade is Von Miller is starting the year on PUP. 

Edited by Old Guy

34 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

We are 15th in the waiver pecking order so don't hold your breath. 

There's probably 3-4 guys that get multiple claims on them every waiver period. 

Odds are we'll get the guy we want (if we even want anyone). The "this guy will get claimed" thing usually doesn't play out. Teams like their 53's, they've had these guys all spring/summer. 

Not necessarily directing that at you, just in general. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There's probably 3-4 guys that get multiple claims on them every waiver period. 

Odds are we'll get the guy we want (if we even want anyone). The "this guy will get claimed" thing usually doesn't play out. Teams like their 53's, they've had these guys all spring/summer. 

Not necessarily directing that at you, just in general. 

I'm skeptical the Packers go after the guy....rational being "it could curtail the development of the rookies"

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm skeptical the Packers go after the guy....rational being "it could curtail the development of the rookies"

I'm right there with you, Albert O at his peak is what they'd want Musgrave to be. I think if they claim a TE, it's going to be more for the blocking side of things. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm right there with you, Albert O at his peak is what they'd want Musgrave to be. I think if they claim a TE, it's going to be more for the blocking side of things. 

I think college Albert O receiving is what we want from Musgrave.  Musgrave is already probably a better blocker.  I honestly think getting more reps for Musgrave and Kraft helps them long term.  I don't know if I want a TE brought in, tbh.

I am not clamoring for him, I wasn't really in the draft either.  He just went to Mizzou, so I cheer him on.  

25 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think college Albert O receiving is what we want from Musgrave.  Musgrave is already probably a better blocker.  I honestly think getting more reps for Musgrave and Kraft helps them long term.  I don't know if I want a TE brought in, tbh.

I am not clamoring for him, I wasn't really in the draft either.  He just went to Mizzou, so I cheer him on.  

I like getting these young guys reps but we’re extremely thin with two rookies and H-back. Betting no one misses any time is beyond risky. The PS will have a couple, in any case.